Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Comments welcome...

I have started the process of overhauling my website. It's a Community website / Consulting / etc type website with TONS of pages. As such, it is a major task to overhaul with a new face. However, it is time...

I decided to start with the entry portal that branches visitors off into the four main areas. It is entirely done in XaraX. The waterfall in the photo is the city namesake. The city is Wichita Falls, Texas.

You can see it at www.wfcentral.com

Thanx,
    Robert
    Robert Steflik
    www.wfcentral.com
    ASUS Laptop / Windows 10 ---- Xara Designer Pro X11 ---- Xara owner since version 1.0

Comments welcome...

I have started the process of overhauling my website. It's a Community website / Consulting / etc type website with TONS of pages. As such, it is a major task to overhaul with a new face. However, it is time...

I decided to start with the entry portal that branches visitors off into the four main areas. It is entirely done in XaraX. The waterfall in the photo is the city namesake. The city is Wichita Falls, Texas.

You can see it at www.wfcentral.com

Thanx,
    Robert
    Robert Steflik
    www.wfcentral.com
    ASUS Laptop / Windows 10 ---- Xara Designer Pro X11 ---- Xara owner since version 1.0

Cool beginning Robert. I would make the screen area a bit larger but I can see why you have made it the size you did because of the backbar image.

Now we know where the WF comes from.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

I like it because its easy to follow.

The major "criticism" I have is the font size and style of the text at the bottom of the page isn't quite right. I'm thinking smaller and perhaps the same font as your buttons.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> The major "criticism" I have is the font size and style of the text at the bottom of the page isn't quite right. I'm thinking smaller and perhaps the same font as your buttons. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you talking about the slogan in the bottom of the photograph or the Copyright text? I'm assuming you're talking about the slogan...
    Robert Steflik
    www.wfcentral.com

but there are two things.

Maybe the Wichita Falls embleme could be a little less transparent?? and the font that you chose, in MHO, is a not quite right, is that 'fairy scroll'?? I like that one, very playful, but I am not sure what you are trying to convey here with that type of font. Seems out of place to me.

I found one that is bold and fun, but not scrolly called Kelt Bold. It's a true type and I'll post it if you want me too. I did an example of what it looks like.

True be told, I'm no web site designer, and I certainly don't want to hurt any feelings here, but to me it's almost there but certain elements need to be changed or tweaked somehow.

RAMWolff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

The font that is used for the text "Wichita Falls Central" is called CURLZ. When I started my business in 1997 my wife thought that was a very unique font that could serve as brand recognition. As such, that font is on everything I own... business cards, letterhead, invoices, etc... In an effort to get a more professional look (around 1999) I created the circle logo with the waterfall in it... I feel that the two together convey... Professional AND Artistic... while I do like the font that you posted, I can't change the one I have...

Robert
    Robert Steflik
    www.wfcentral.com

from the tone of the responce, I feel like I stepped on your toes a bit. That was not my intent at all. I had no idea that the font was that integrated into your business.

I humbly apologize to you and your wife.

Peace

RAMWolff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

RAMWolff,

Sorry that you thought I was upset. Actually there have been times that I have been unhappy with that font and having to design around it... No toes were stepped on here, I asked for criticism and that's what you offered... I was only trying to say "you have offered a valid point, but...changing the font would be difficult as it is so "published" at my business...

Robert
    Robert Steflik
    www.wfcentral.com

It all looks good to me, but I think it would be better if the buttons bacame darker when you moved over them rather than lighter as they do now.

I think that would improve the contrast, because at the moment they seem to almost become part of the background.

Michael Ward
    http://www.metalandplastics.co.uk
    http://www.leighcenturions.net