Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Silo is ...

Hmm very interesting

109 seems pretty reasonable.

haha, ya beat me to it... man you are one early bird there Ivan

So everyone give this a try and report back as to how you like it and... show us all a model or two from your testing... ok? Also, let's see some screenshots of your chosen buttons and/or workflow if yas get creative in these areas ...

ciyas in a bit...

OK, it works ok but...

needs some bug fixes, along with a couple of tools from Wings, as wellcould use some of the approaches found in C4D... haha, too funny... there still is not but one app which contains it all eh...

more on this soon...

seem to be a good app, but gidgit is right : need some bug fixes, and some features... i think to symetrical modeling, at least (or may i've missed it somewhere ?).

The trial is limited to 40 uses... and this is anoying as i had 5 crashes trying to export objects with missing faces.

It is promising, but as it is it give nothing i would pay for, as i have C4D and Amapi 7 (both are great). But it is not far to be interesting for me.

Thank you for the link, Ivan

The program does show SOME promise... It has a few nice features that Wings3D doesn't, but has a MUCH less efficient workflow.

I'll keep an eye on its development, but I'd much sooner pay $100 for Wings than Silo, and Wings is still FREE

Dan Huff
    http://home.neo.rr.com/nikko/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dan Huff:
    Thank you for the link, Ivan

The program does show SOME promise... It has a few nice features that Wings3D doesn't, but has a MUCH less efficient workflow.

I'll keep an eye on its development, but I'd much sooner pay $100 for Wings than Silo, and Wings is still FREE

Dan Huff
    http://home.neo.rr.com/nikko/<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ya but one day it wont be Dan.......

Yes, it is most frustrating that Silo ended up being such a disappointment...

So much potential you can just feel it, and yet so many dead ends, as in tools which employ with redundance, lack of several very needed tools, and so much work required to improve workflow and stability issues... ugggg... but hey, it's only v1, and given some hard work by the developing team, and a prayer or two and who knows, it may just survive to become one kick butt app... fingers crossed and the app closed for now

Stu, Wings3d will always be free, if ya have it burned already Not much I would think of to improve it, other than perhaps a slide tool for edges and durn it but I would love Wings to have manip widgits... this last one will never be unless someone writes a plug in... now if only C4D v8.2 would support ngons... ugggg, can't anyone make the app? hahahahaha, oh well, make due with what we have I suppose, and be thankful that we are not still in the days of the 486's

Ya true even though it has the standard tools it still should get the benefit of the doubt.

Ngons in C4D bud requires a complete write of the editor and whole system,a really big job.Apparently it has not happened because they need really expensive software to do it,{at least convert it on C4D that is} and the execs wont pay for it,or not yet.

How does wings hold up against say XSI or Mirai?,just curious,I know wings is free but I am just wondering if even XSI can compete,surely Mirai does?

Stu.