Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I am trying to print the Background/Vegetation 1 fill on my HP 4600 Color Laser Printer.

The fill color is basically Black, White & Gray Shades but it keeps printing with a purple tone to it. This is happening with other fills as well.

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks
    Tomorrow will be here yesterday!

I am trying to print the Background/Vegetation 1 fill on my HP 4600 Color Laser Printer.

The fill color is basically Black, White & Gray Shades but it keeps printing with a purple tone to it. This is happening with other fills as well.

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks

I don't know anything about the HP 4600, but I use an OKI C7100 and I know for sure that most OKI and HP printers use the same drums and toner formulations.

I've solved a problem somewhat like this, also white lines around objects with bitmap fills, by choosing to print as bitmap.

Another suggestion is check that the printer driver isn't defaulting to an unsuitable colour profile. If one of my colleagues prints from Corel Draw our OKI starts using a colour profile weighted way to magenta.

This may help for blacks ... works at least on our HP laser.

Don't use 100% black cmyk. Rather try 98% black. It seems as if some printers don't understand what 100% means.

Mr. Whitham's method of printing as a bitmap is the one I use all the time (saved with my default template). It seems to be the most failsave method for me.

It sounds as if you might have a problem with what you are seeing on the screen vs. what is printing from your printer.

Does your printer have any way to adjust the output? Most printers have some utilities that allow you to adjust the output color.

Also, most printers have a color profile which can help a lot.

Finally, check the website and see if there is a later version of your printer driver. Sometimes this can make a difference.

Gary

I agree with Gary, always check with HP for updated drivers. HP with their newer laser models
    have a small utillity which checks once a month for updates, at least the one at work does.

Also do a test print page to see if you have the same problem the printer may have to be re-calibrated, we are always having problems with too much oil being issued causing the output to smudge slightly.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Thanks folks, I will give your suggestions a try.

Again thanks