Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

and I can't for the life of me figure it out. I tried using the Frames Gallery and I just DO NOT understand what to do. I have read and re-read the Help files I don't get it. I created two of my Neon sign in a 3D box, exported them as GIF's with different colors so as to create a blinking effect. I open up both in Xara and tried to do it like that, didn't work. Then I opened one and imported the other and that didn't work. The Frames Gallery shows what's opened and then doesn't allow you to import a new frame into it. I hit the New button and I get a blank page opened up, how do I get the other "box" in that page??? I am compleatly confused and just a little bit frustrated. Seems to sound easy enough, but it sure doesn't seem as easy as it's explained. I am obviously missing a step or mis-reading it.

Is there a step by step tutorial or can someone tell me what I am doing wrong??

Thanks so much

RAMWOlff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

and I can't for the life of me figure it out. I tried using the Frames Gallery and I just DO NOT understand what to do. I have read and re-read the Help files I don't get it. I created two of my Neon sign in a 3D box, exported them as GIF's with different colors so as to create a blinking effect. I open up both in Xara and tried to do it like that, didn't work. Then I opened one and imported the other and that didn't work. The Frames Gallery shows what's opened and then doesn't allow you to import a new frame into it. I hit the New button and I get a blank page opened up, how do I get the other "box" in that page??? I am compleatly confused and just a little bit frustrated. Seems to sound easy enough, but it sure doesn't seem as easy as it's explained. I am obviously missing a step or mis-reading it.

Is there a step by step tutorial or can someone tell me what I am doing wrong??

Thanks so much

RAMWOlff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Do see Gary's WebXealot introduction to the frame gallery. You can find it here. Be sure to note that the page that follows has a brief animation tutorial. When you get the hang of animations the xara way you'll find it a piece of cake.

Good Luck, Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

[This message was edited by Ross Macintosh on December 09, 2001 at 18:31.]

Actually, I printed out that entire tutorial and didn't find it as helpful as and excerpt from the Jan 2001 "Animation" tutorial. Starting on page 8 of the tutorial it is explained more in detail about the process of creating a New Animation, where to find the tool bar to add on to the main tool bar and the process of timeing, transparency, and all the other stuff.

Needless to say, I was very successful and if it was OK to post something like that here, I would, I am proud of it. But it is 484 Kb. So I don't know if that's an OK thing to do. If it is, let me know and I'll upload it.

Thanks again Ross

Your humbled newbie

RAMWolff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

RAMWolf

Some time ago, someone on this forum emailed me privately and during our communication he said the maximum size uploadable to the forum is 330k. I don't know if this is correct but if someone could confirm this figure it would be helpful.

Apart from this, this graphic you want to upload is a bit on the big side as it would take a while to download, particularly if you are proposing that it display in the forum. I believe file size can be a problem with animations and obviously the more frames you have and the larger it is, the larger the file size. Your graphic may well be the best thing since sliced bread but because of the file size you may well find yourself being criticised.

Just a thought.

Tracey

TraceyP is right that if you post the maximum file size you will be criticized. Always try to have attachments under 75k - then only the occassional 100k one will get through.

Question to be asked: Why is your animation 484k? How many frames does it have. What is the pixel dimensions of your final gif?

Regards, Ross

I did 8 frames. A singular GIF is 51 KB and then the one that I added more effects to is 91 KB. I realize that I probably only need to do 2 frames, now that I think about it, and have do a continuous loop. It would be much smaller that way. Hmmmm....

I did it..........how about a smaller version and only 23 KB [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] This keeps up, I might actually get good at this, who knows....

RAMWolff
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Welcome to the wonderful world of Xara animation! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Bob C.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Your animations are fun to watch. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Regards, Ross

Xara's animation capabilities are great:

http://www.designstop.com/free_stuff...ratype_ani.gif

The animation comes from the webpage I wrote on my site about making animations in Xara. Find it here.

Regards, Ross