Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: navbar problem

hi there
    i've done several navigation bars to test that feature and i have come across the same problem upon export and that is the top button on each of this navbar does not work when tested in the browser(I.E5).what's not working are roll overs and if i do assign a web-adress to that particular button it doesn't link either nor does the adress shows up in the status bar.
    Also following one of Gary's tutorial i have try to assign a "mailto" on the bottom button....upon export i get an error message from Xara saying it could not create successfully that "mailto" button;yet upon export when clicking on that button it does indeed takes me to my e.mail account.
    Each test that i've done comes up with same results.I have Xara 1.0d cd loaded.
    what am i doing wrong? thanks.

hi there
    i've done several navigation bars to test that feature and i have come across the same problem upon export and that is the top button on each of this navbar does not work when tested in the browser(I.E5).what's not working are roll overs and if i do assign a web-adress to that particular button it doesn't link either nor does the adress shows up in the status bar.
    Also following one of Gary's tutorial i have try to assign a "mailto" on the bottom button....upon export i get an error message from Xara saying it could not create successfully that "mailto" button;yet upon export when clicking on that button it does indeed takes me to my e.mail account.
    Each test that i've done comes up with same results.I have Xara 1.0d cd loaded.
    what am i doing wrong? thanks.

Could you attach the xar file your having problems with?
    Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

thanks egg....trashed them all but did a new one for you to have a look.Same results the top button does nor respond nor include the web adress which i had assigned and the last button which contains a "mailto" command brings a xara error messageupon publishing"unable to export to html....
    now how do i upload this xara file to your server?
    Attached Files Attached Files

including the e-mail link and I get no error on export.

Did you remember to open the Names Gallery and select all the button and backbar titlebars and then press the Select button in the Names Gallery before pressing Export on the Infobar?

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

The nav bar works fine. Button 2 goes to Xara.com & button 3 opens the email client with your email address (?)
    The problem your experiencing with the first (button1) isn't a problem at all. Each button has a "selected" state. When you test your html generated page it opens with button one in the selected state and therefore doesn't have a roll over effect as you are already on that page. If you created 3 pages, with buttons pointing to pages 1, 2 & 3 then button one would be in the Selected state (no roll-over), when you go to page 2 button one would become active i.e. roll over whilst button 2 would become a Selected state button.
    Hope this makes sense.
    Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I've attached your xar file, but deleted the selected state as it's not required. Let me know if it works ok.
    Egg
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

thanks Egg and Gary for this quick reply."
    Did you remember to open the Names Gallery and select all..."no i did not do that Gary although it was clearly indicated in your tutorial!
    Egg yes i 've been using "selected" from the drop down menu before sending to export...don't know where i've picked that up from???.
    now it seems to be working fine.
    My next step is to built a full web page...shall i'll be saving all these files directly on my C/sites where my root folder is located on my hard drive , open Dreamveaver and bring these files into that application one by one to add content(text,tables etc)or is there a quicker integration with Dreamveaver?
    Last thing i'm noticing is when exporting this navbar from xara...it almost brings my whole system to a halt(pentium3...512mgs of ram)while saving.it takes ages to process all this tiny gif files and their masks , the screen goes all white and i have to shut down all other applications....is this normal?
    thanks

Re your final point about exporting.....No it shouldn't take all that long to do. The screen should remain the same and the info bar should show you the progress bottom left. This feature can take a minute or so if you've got a lot of buttons, but even on my old 166 with 256 mb it was acceptable.
    As for the dreamweaver thing, I don't use dreamweaver, but yes, save the fies into a named file and then open your web authoring prog and attach the text. With vertical scroll bars you have to extend the nave bar table to enter content.
    Egg
    Egg

thanks egg.