Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]
    Hi everyone,

First of all congratulations for this great program (I will buy it when ready).

Beta 3 works quite stable on my machine.
    AMD II K6 500 mhz 128 Ram Windows ME.
    I had trouble exporting EPS files to Illustrator 9 and Photoshop 5.5. Why can we not export Tiff-files to CMYK like Coreldraw. (Just an suggestion) That makes it much easier for poster making and large format printing. When exporting RGB Tiff-Files to Photoshop and converting them to CMYK changes the Color values.

Anyone can help?

thanks
    viking / Chile

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

viking@ctcinternet.cl

[This message was edited by viking on October 24, 2000 at 07:52 PM.]

[This message was edited by viking on October 24, 2000 at 07:59 PM.]

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]
    Hi everyone,

First of all congratulations for this great program (I will buy it when ready).

Beta 3 works quite stable on my machine.
    AMD II K6 500 mhz 128 Ram Windows ME.
    I had trouble exporting EPS files to Illustrator 9 and Photoshop 5.5. Why can we not export Tiff-files to CMYK like Coreldraw. (Just an suggestion) That makes it much easier for poster making and large format printing. When exporting RGB Tiff-Files to Photoshop and converting them to CMYK changes the Color values.

Anyone can help?

thanks
    viking / Chile

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

viking@ctcinternet.cl

[This message was edited by viking on October 24, 2000 at 07:52 PM.]

[This message was edited by viking on October 24, 2000 at 07:59 PM.]

A CMYK image must look different to the RGB version, otherwise the colours will not print correctly. One purpose of converting to CMYK is to change the colour balance of the image so that it looks like the screen image when you print it (you can preview how it would look if you don't change the balance by selecting Window > Show Printer Colours). Another purpose of converting to CMYK is to use cheaper blacK ink to enhance dark areas of the image and reduce the overall quantity of ink.

Nobody would object if Xara included full control over CMYK conversion, however PhotoShop (and others) already have the ability to do this very well. My preference is to submit the image to the print bureau as RGB so that they know what I want and can adjust the colours to suit their process.

Regards - Sean
    Regards - Sean

but what do you do if your client´s logo is made of 10c 20y 70m 0k? you try to meet the tone in rgb in xara, export to tif, open in photoshop, choose cmyk settings... but you don´t get the right values after conversion to cmyk, so you have to colorselect the logo colors and fill them with the correct cmyk values. (if you´re lucky and the selection is done easly) lots of work.

xara is able to do cmyk work. but you can only export to eps. and a xara eps gets extremly heavy... bla bla HELP US

PLEASE HELP

I did 2 katalogs in xara, and convert then in photoshop to cmyk.
    thats quite bad, but it work good.
    by the way, i did print it on a heidelberg
    quickmaster (digitaloffset printing) and they said
    no RGB please. I think U wont find any service b

hey all,

nobody else interested in cmyk?

cu

FLy