Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I created a shape with text inside it and exported it as jpeg to FrontPage.

Then I imported back to Xara and wanted to manipulate the text, but to no avail.

Any suggestions

Once you export as a jpeg, you won't be able to manipulate the text because it is now a bitmap, not vector. You would have to manipulate the text in your original xara drawing and then export that as a new jpeg.

Mickie

I imported the jpeg back into Xara, but I couldn't find a way to manipulate the text.

anh

As Mickie says, you can't. X1 is a VECTOR application; although it can do some things to bimap images eg jpgs, editing text is, broadly, not possible.

If you deleted the original XAR file, you will have to recreate it.
    Simon
    ------------------------------
    www.tlaconsultancy.co.uk
    www.bricksandbrass.co.uk

In future, can I save it as a vector graphic and not as a jpeg, will that do it

anh
    Yes, just save the Xara file you created the bitmap from originaly.
    Egg
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

What do you save the vector graphic as
    ie
    Save as type?

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

anh -- just to clarify, what is being suggested is you make the original graphic in Xara and when you are happy export it as the jpg image to use. Then (or before) save the xara file (it will have the .xar extension) in case you ever want to go back and change things. If you ever do want a different version of the jpg, go back into the .xar file, edit it accordingly, and re-export the result as another jpg.

Saving the original work in its native .xar format means you can always go back and edit the file later.

Regards, Ross

Hello anh

Xara's *.XAR file format is a vector format. Vector images can be made larger or smaller with no loss of sharpness or quality.

Here is an article that talks about the difference between vector and bitmaps. Bitmaps

Gary

Yep, I think I got it.

Thanks Folks