Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Old man

The old man illustration with a lot of transparencies and feathering, wherever you decide to do XaraX will do [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

[This message was edited by Newton Florentino on December 04, 2001 at 17:10.]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Old_man.jpg 
Views:	381 
Size:	93.3 KB 
ID:	16519  
    IP

The old man illustration with a lot of transparencies and feathering, wherever you decide to do XaraX will do [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

[This message was edited by Newton Florentino on December 04, 2001 at 17:10.]
    IP

Newton

I really like the very pale translucent skin tones. Makes the fellow look really old.

The crisp white collar and zippy tie are a nice contrast as well.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

IP

Looks like he of K chicken fame
    without th beard.

Brian.
    IP

Hi Newton,

I really like the sallow skin tones and shading to show his age. All your work is fantastic. Please keep sharing.

- EKY
    IP

Gary all my friends when they see me they say ( Hey look the Xara X man), because I can't stop talking about that amazing and marvelous program, I was a advertising Illustrator for all my life, working with magic markers, I could not stand the smell of it any more, I said to my self I have to find a software program them I can do my illustrations, I tried Adobe illustrator and PhotoShop for many years but I wasn't happy with that then I find Xara X and I said to myself that's it
    you know what I talking about you know how incredible is that program, Each day you discover a different thing

Thank you
    Gary, Brian, EKY

Newton Florentino

[This message was edited by Newton Florentino on November 28, 2001 at 18:11.]
    IP

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I was a advertising Illustrator for all my life, working with magic markers, I could not stand the smell of it any more, <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That explains your drawging and rendering ability :-)

I was an advertising art director for 25 years working with markers. Only a few years before I switched to a computer (late 80s) did they put warning labels on makers "Warning Contains Xylene"! Not to mention that hideous 3M Sprayment.

God only knows what effect a lifetime inhaling those fumes has done to us.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

IP