Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Sorry topic should read watermarks [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Does anybody (don't all say - "you mean you don't") use watermark software to help copyright their work? Now I'm putting more work on my web site - new toons I've had for years on paper - I'm starting to think of the need for taging.

Turan

Sorry topic should read watermarks [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Does anybody (don't all say - "you mean you don't") use watermark software to help copyright their work? Now I'm putting more work on my web site - new toons I've had for years on paper - I'm starting to think of the need for taging.

Turan

Turan, there have been a few discussions of Watermarking in the forums. One I remember from this group and there's another in the Photoshop forum.

A search of "watermark" should get you alot of information, pros and cons, etc.

Mickie

andalucía · españa and lower saxony · germany

Turan,

check www.digimarc.com

Most picture publishing apps like Corel PhotoPaint support this feature. It's a plug-in and integrates seamlessly into the application.

Hope this helps.

jens

jens g.r. benthien
    designer
    http://jens.highspeedweb.net
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--

The cool thing about DigiMark is they have something called a DigiSpider that constantly searches the web for watermarked images and then reports back to the user the URLs upon which her/his images reside.

Hence, when you find your images on a web site that has posted them without your permission, you can ask them kindly to REMOVE MY IMAGES AT ONCE YOU PLAGERIZING POND SCUM OR PAY ME THE BIG BUCKS.

The downside, is registering your images with DigiMark is not cheap. And unless you earn your living via your images, not all that affordable as a means of protection.

Plus, let's say you find your image on a large, commercial web site, that happens to be in a country other than your own. You tell them to REMOVE MY IMAGES AT ONCE YOU PLAGERIZING POND SCUM OR PAY ME THE BIG BUCKS, and they say, go pound sand. Sue us if you don't like it.

Law suits involving copyright infringment can be very costly. The only people who profit from such law suits are generally the lawyers.

Just my 2 cents worth of negativity :-)

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<A HREF="http://home.earthlink.net/~garypriester" TARGET=_blank>
    Be it ever so humble...</A>

http://www.thuntek.net/gwp/flag.jpg