Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I wanted to try monochrome for a change.I added a bit too much noise though for the photo type of effect.

Stu.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Templemono_copy.jpg 
Views:	405 
Size:	79.4 KB 
ID:	2058  

I wanted to try monochrome for a change.I added a bit too much noise though for the photo type of effect.

Stu.

Stu,

Very cool. I like the angle and the monochrome look. Did you model this? It looks very good.

--Randy

Cheers Randy.

Ya I did do the modelling myself,but man was it tricky in places.I used primitives most of the time and just went by eye basically but the scale was a headache all on its own and I had those light lines everywhere,in the end I had about 14 omnis and spots in all and there were lines and circles all over the joint.

How do you remove those lines so you can see what you are doing after you have placed a light? or do we just have to put up with them. Also is there a way of joining one object onto another in c4d,for instance like Photoshop if you have a heap of layers you can merge them together,can we do that? the reason I ask is because the image above had a back wall 31000 metres wide and I had null objects everywhere,even those little gates were comprised of about 5 cylinders and a torus and a partridge in a pear tree [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I chose that angle for the dramatic look and also because it made the room look a whole lot bigger than it really was.

If theres anything about any of my setups you are curious about just ask [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Cheers.

Stu.

Here is the same image with a bit of a sci fi twist and change of camera angle.

Stu.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sci_fi_room.jpg 
Views:	358 
Size:	71.8 KB 
ID:	7232  

Stu,

I like the second image also, though I like the 1st one better.

You can turn off the lines for a light by double clicking the light icon in the object manager. There is a checkbox on the general tab that read show illumination. Uncheck that and you lines go away!

As far as your other question, I am not sure I understand it fully, but you can group objects together in the object manager. To do that place the mouse over the object manager press the 'G' key and drag (with the left mouse button pressed) a selection around the objects, the objects will be placed in a null object which you can rename.

I do this all the time. I make all the little objects for a model then group them in logical groups and then group all the sub-groups together in one group.

Hope this mess of typing makes some sense to you.

---Randy

Excellent thanks for that Randy.

What I meant was say you have 6 null objects and they have numerous null objects within them also and as a whole all the null objects are say a gates surround a gates hinges and a mesh for the middle of the gate is their a way of joining all those components together and just having a single gate object instead of nine million null objects so that say when you select all polygons with live selection that all the polygons are selected as one unit or a whole gate,as opposed too many separate units,like with Photoshop when you merge separate layers together only the layers would be null objects.Sorry I am crap at explaining myself sometimes [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Stu.

Stu,

Have all your objects grouped under null object. Make sure all objects are editable. Then select the null object and menu Functions->Connect. If the objects are already connected like in a boolean operation you can use Functions->Current State to Object.

Hope this is what you are looking for!

--Randy

Thanks Randy [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I thought there must have been a way to do it.

Stu.

hi kiwi,
    scouse eric here, just thought i'd browse the other forums...great artwork there kiwi i don't understand all your 3d jargon but the results are beautiful
    well done
    cheers
    eric

p.s. could you do one in xara for maybe with a tut?
    just a thought