Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pine Tree

Hybrid View

This is a pine tree I am working on to go into a landscape drawing.Any suggestions,pro or con will be greatly appreciated.
    Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PineTree1.jpg 
Views:	487 
Size:	42.2 KB 
ID:	15121  

I think this one is better than the first.I put in the background just to have a little more color.
    Mike

Name:	PineTree3.jpg 
Views:	384 
Size:	49.1 KB 
ID:	9178  

Judi and Graeme for the comments.
    Richard:I wanted a Ponderosa Pine that was about 25ft tall and in healthy condition.I have looked at many pictures of pine trees but it is hard to tell exactly how tall they are and there doesn't seem to be a pattern to the branch pattern except for the older really tall trees.The bottom branches bothered me also.Will have to work on them a little more. Thanks
    I have included a close up of the top of the tree for a little more detail. The bitmaps at the left are what the tree was made from.

Mike

Name:	PineTreeTop2.jpg 
Views:	299 
Size:	61.9 KB 
ID:	2277  

Galloping Squirrel Ranch, Bend, Oregon, USA

Much better Mike!

Judi

It's much better now - well done!

--
    Graeme
    Graeme

I have to agree with RamWolff, that it could be fuller, maybe add more branches maybe a few cones but overall it looks very good.
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

Galloping Squirrel Ranch, Bend, Oregon, USA

Richard has some good observations.

Looking out my window at pine trees or any plant for that matter there are all different shades of green because of new growth vs. old growth, the way light hits the plant also changes the preceived color.

Also the 2 bottom sets of branches look like clones with just a few more clusters of pine needles added and makes it uninteresting.

Judi

Thanks Mike. Really hated to hear about all of the fires you guys had. I have never seen the results of a forest fire in person but it has to be an awful sight. Hope ya'll get some good steady rain to get things growing again.

Richard: NAGGING---never My wife calls it constructive redirection.I tried to create a brush to do the needles with but the file size reached 2MB and I only had half of the tree done. For lack of knowing any other way of doing it I placed all of the needle bitmaps one at a time. Thanks for the comments and I am working on another tree going more in the direction you have suggested.

Mike

This is a pine tree I am working on to go into a landscape drawing.Any suggestions,pro or con will be greatly appreciated.
    Mike

I just see the trees in our area and they look a bit "old" as they get closer to the ground. Maybe they need watering [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] but that would take a hell of allot of water!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I love the close of the upper part of the tree, I am guessing that you made a brush or brushes to create the effects?? Lucky you, my system crashes when I try to make brushes. Funny, I use PhotoImpact and this is not a problem also in PhotoPaint so I honestly think it's a glitch in the code in XaraX not my system. After I started using PhotoImpact and playing with their 'stamps' as they call them, and not having a system crash, no matter what I did I was convinced and resigned to the fact that XaraX has a glitch and considering all the other wonderful things I am able to do with the program that it's something I can certainly live with!! End Rant.

NICE TREE!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Richard [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

---Wolff On The Prowl---
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---