Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

It definetly seems to load faster.
    One thing I can't find in the new look is the new posts icon. I can see the unviewed threads icon, but if I open a thread there doesn't appear to be any read/new post icons. So I have to scan all the posts, including ones previously read to find the new post. Am I missing something?
    Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I approve!
    Tony
    Tony

...is of yellow color, it works here.

I think the personal info should still be on the left and I bet this is something the TalkGraphics Webmeister could accomodate.
    But the conferences do load faster.

Not sure what the PopIt feature does, but I suspect it is like the one the Chris had in the old pre-InfoPop days where you could have responses to a thread e-mailed to you.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<A HREF="http://home.earthlink.net/~garypriester" TARGET=_blank>
    Be it ever so humble...</A>

http://www.thuntek.net/gwp/flag.png

[This message was edited by Gary W. Priester on November 04, 2001 at 05:44.]

I don't really like the new look at all, too unoriginal personally.
    I'd have to agree with Turan, if it's not broke, don't fix it! The other look was a little more organized "looking" I think, a little cleaner

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

I'm glad to see the addition of the little note that states "All times are PST". Previously I had always thought it was a little moronic of them to have the times but no mention of the time zone.

Egg & Dmagician - I don't know what this 'new posts icon' you refer to is all about. I've always scrolled to the bottoms of threads to see the new postings. Do you mean to say I didn't really have to do that?

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

What I mean by a new post icon was that previously when I opened a thread, there was a white "page" icon against previous posts that I had already read, then towards the bottom there were yellow "page" icons against those which I hadn't read (i.e. new postings)
    These seem to be missing now. The thread itself has a yellow folder icon indicating a new posting, but on opening the thread, I now have to scroll down, rereading previous posts, as there's no indication of where the new posts start.
    For example:
    You have previously visited this thread, and made the above posting.
    When you next visit the forum, the thread will show a yellow file icon, as I have added this posting since your last visit.
    Previously when you opened the thread, all the posts down to your posting above would have a white icon, then as mine is unread by you it would have a yellow icon as would any posts added after mine.
    I found this invaluable in locating where I previously left the thread, but now I have to reread posts to find my place of previous exit.
    Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

... The pages feel to open. It is like staring one huge piece of paper with everything on it. There is so much wasted space and the different information is poorly devided/organized.

I guess I will get used to it but it makes you wonder what they were thinking?!?

Risto

diri@videotron.ca

I have never noticed that also single unread new posts are marked. So this doesn't work here too. Only the main page has new posts marked.