Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
    Galloping Squirrel Ranch, Bend, Oregon, USA

I created a new fill and saved it to my fill gallery. No matter what I did it refused to show up when I did an update of the gallery.

I finally figured it out I had saved the file as .TIFF, when I resaved it as .tiff it showed up okay. I would think that this would probably be true of .jpg and .gif files as well.

Judi

I created a new fill and saved it to my fill gallery. No matter what I did it refused to show up when I did an update of the gallery.

I finally figured it out I had saved the file as .TIFF, when I resaved it as .tiff it showed up okay. I would think that this would probably be true of .jpg and .gif files as well.

Judi

Thanks, Judi,

I had been converting my TIFFs to jpgs, now I'll only have to rename them.

Another problem occurred when including a gif and a jpg or tif with the same name. As the thumbnails are saved as PNGs, only one can be created, a slight change in name cured that one.

Tony
    Tony

I can't get TIFF or tiff to work, although TIF/tif is fine. *.tiff isn't an option in the export dialog and, if you force it, X truncates the extension to 3 characters. Xara Ltd have added *.jpeg to the dialog since CX2 and that works in the Fill Gallery.

Another curious discovery is that CX2's import filter seems to ignore the extension of TIFFs and look at the contents alone. By contrast, X tells you it doesn't recognise the format (if you use something other than tif/TIF) but then imports it anyway.

Regards - Sean
    Regards - Sean

Sorry TIFF should be TIF. The main point is you can only use lower case letters and a lot of programs use upper case letters as the default so you have to change it.