Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Cut Off

Galloping Squirrel Ranch, Bend, Oregon, USA

So what is going on here. Tonight I opened the forum and there was no Hello Judi A and when I tried to answer a post I was denied. I tried to log on using the same user name as always and was told it was invalid. So I had to re-sign up and get this used the same info I had before. I swear I did nothing out of the regular.

So what is going on here. Tonight I opened the forum and there was no Hello Judi A and when I tried to answer a post I was denied. I tried to log on using the same user name as always and was told it was invalid. So I had to re-sign up and get this used the same info I had before. I swear I did nothing out of the regular.

Did you by any chance turn cookies off in your browser?

TANSTAAFL
    "If you can do good, you should."
    W.K. Clark

I bet you cleared out your Internet files, including your Cookie files that tell Infopoop who you are.

I recentely deleted several thousand cookies, but kept any from sites that use Cookies to identify me.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Sever So Humble...

Actually I accidentally logged off before I left the time before but that shouldn't matter.

Now I can understand if I goofed up on re-entering my password I would get rejected, but signing up again with the same user name wouldn't I get a message saying that one was already used?

NO I never disabled cookies.

Say Gary,
    How did you know which cookies to save ? Is there a cookie cutter app that can let us know the good from the bad ??
    Wondering............Tad.. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

Tadd,

Check out Cookie Viewer from the old WinMag Karen's Power Tool utilities collection. Freeware.

Cookie Viewer 3.3

I find it quite useful in viewing cookies and deleting selected cookies.

Tad

I just went through the C:/windows/temporary internet files folder (there are a bunch of them) and deleted all Gif and JPEG files and all cookie files from web sites I don't need to have cookies from.

For example, I visited Apple's site to get some information and in this short visit they just about filled by hard drive with cookies. Must be a ploy on the part of Steve Jobs to slow down all wintel computers :-) Needless to say, apple's cookies are mere crumbs.

Al's suggestion sounds much better.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Sever So Humble...

I delte all cookies on a regular basis from the C:/windows/temporary internet files folder ,beacuse if you don't you might end up with thousands of them like Gary said. I delete the graphics files there too. Then pages do not know my username or passward but I know what they are so when I visit again I just type them in. Then the forum works fine for me. As long as I know my username and password I have not had a problem with delteing all cookies. Once you enter the username and password the site will load a new cookie to your computer.
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire