Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Macromedia Fireworks MX has an extra file menu item called,

Save a Copy

I think this should also be added to Xara as many times I want just to make a copy, like myDrawing_02.xar. This is just good standard backup practice and it simple versioning as well.

Can Xara simply add something like this?

Even add an "optional" auto-numbering feature?

_02, or _03, etc....

Macromedia Fireworks MX has an extra file menu item called,

Save a Copy

I think this should also be added to Xara as many times I want just to make a copy, like myDrawing_02.xar. This is just good standard backup practice and it simple versioning as well.

Can Xara simply add something like this?

Even add an "optional" auto-numbering feature?

_02, or _03, etc....

hi RH,

This is something that could be easily changed I think, but... I think this would be so far down on the wish/bug list that xara would never get to it.

Dimtry and John both have add on applications that provide a back up and an automatic backup.

RH

Another option is to use 'SaveAs'. So if your working on a file named 'file_1' in the folder 'File', after some alteration, do a 'SaveAs' 'file_2'. Do some more alterations and Save As 'file_3' etc. Using this method you will end up with several progressive files as your work advances.

This has several advantages.

1: If for some reason the file becomes corrupt, (as ALL files occasonally do) you can revert back to the earlier version, only having lost the latest inclusions.

2: If you're latest ammendments aren't to your liking, you can revert back to the earlier version.

Once your happy with the results you can delete the earlier copies (file_1, file_2 etc) to clean up your HD.

Egg
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Covoxer hinted "Can't promise you anything, but I will think about it" when asked about incrementing filenames for the autosave feature of his XetupX utility. So that's one more possible option.

Saving backups in separate files is good insurance.

Yes, and now I can promise you that it will be present in v.1.3 available soon.
    John.