Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi All.

Not sure if this is the right forum for this question but many of you use Xara for Web site design so I figure it's as good a place as any.

I've never created a web site before and am thinking about giving it a go. There is one thing I would like to do but cannot figure out how.

On the rollovers on the TG home page, the popouts remain after clicking (Hit state) the appropriate item. You can then click the desired popout to take you to a chosen forum.

I know how to create standard rollovers, "Off, Over, Hit" but how do you make the hit state remain after clicking.

I guess I could do it with Flash using actions but is there an easier way.

Many Thanks

Sark

Hi All.

Not sure if this is the right forum for this question but many of you use Xara for Web site design so I figure it's as good a place as any.

I've never created a web site before and am thinking about giving it a go. There is one thing I would like to do but cannot figure out how.

On the rollovers on the TG home page, the popouts remain after clicking (Hit state) the appropriate item. You can then click the desired popout to take you to a chosen forum.

I know how to create standard rollovers, "Off, Over, Hit" but how do you make the hit state remain after clicking.

I guess I could do it with Flash using actions but is there an easier way.

Many Thanks

Sark

Sark

Xara is more for creating web graphics than for actually building a website. But you can create and customize your own button bars and add your own effects. Here are two Xara Xone tutorials to show you how this is done:

November 2001

May 2001

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

<a href="http://www.xaraxone.com">
    The Xara Xone </a>

If you look at the source code for the talk graphics home page or index page you will see that they did do it using Flash. There might be a way to get the same thing with some java script but would probably be easier with Flash. If you right click on the graphic on that page you will see that it is a Flash movie.
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

Gary, Bruce, Thanks.

Yes, I didn't think to do that Bruce. Apart from some ebay adds created with Words web authoring tools I'm new to web orientated graphics.

It appears my approach should be to create the artwork in Xara for export to Flash and buy Frontpage to put it all together for uploading.

Thanks Again.

Sark