Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: 1:1 View Ratio

Jens had a request in the XaraX forum that reminded me to ask for the same thing here. Does PSP have a one-button way of showing a photo at 1:1 ratio? I'm not referring to 100%, but to have the image display on the screen the same size it would when printed. I seem to recall PhotoPaint having a button for that.
    I'm using PSP9.
    .joroho.
    Wise men still seek Him.
    IP

Jens had a request in the XaraX forum that reminded me to ask for the same thing here. Does PSP have a one-button way of showing a photo at 1:1 ratio? I'm not referring to 100%, but to have the image display on the screen the same size it would when printed. I seem to recall PhotoPaint having a button for that.
    I'm using PSP9.
    .joroho.
    Wise men still seek Him.
    IP

Is this really that difficult of a question, or is no one reading this forum?

Hellooo..oooooo....ooooooooooooo.........
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/confused.gif

.joroho.
    Wise men still seek Him.
    IP

To the best of my knowledge (which is considerable, but not yet totally omniscient), there is presently NO software in the universe which can do what you ask for. Neither appplications nor OS know a whit about the _physical_ size of your monitor, only a lot of stuff about the current DPI/PPI settings and the nominal resolution & HxW measures of your file -- which is simply not enough information to render the intended print size on-screen.
    K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

IP

Photoshop gives you that choice, but not PSP.
    However, I think you want to know how it will look on the page, go to Print Layout, you can drag your art onto the size paper you are using, in fact you can place several files or the same one at different sizes all on one page in this print preview on steroids, and if you can't finish, you can save your layout for later including the images with it. This is a lot cooler than most programs 5 x's more expensive. PhotoImpact does a similar thing in its print preview.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP