Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Seems like the post of choice lately <grin>. I thought I would jump in here on this one because it is very timely for me. My brother owns a Christian Recording Studio, and asked me to gen a logo for his "soon to be" website. I believe I was asked because I'm the only one in my family with a graphics package, and I'm family, so I will not charge anything. So off again to Gary's great series (Logos for the Designed Challenged) for some much needed inspiration and tips and tricks.

Any suggestions, comments, will be greatly appreciated.

Here is the link.
    Logos - New Genesis Music

Dave Zubrowski
    Dave Zubrowski

Seems like the post of choice lately <grin>. I thought I would jump in here on this one because it is very timely for me. My brother owns a Christian Recording Studio, and asked me to gen a logo for his "soon to be" website. I believe I was asked because I'm the only one in my family with a graphics package, and I'm family, so I will not charge anything. So off again to Gary's great series (Logos for the Designed Challenged) for some much needed inspiration and tips and tricks.

Any suggestions, comments, will be greatly appreciated.

Here is the link.
    Logos - New Genesis Music

Dave Zubrowski
    Dave Zubrowski

David

These are really nice. I like 1, 3, 4, and 5 with 4 my most favorite of the lot.

Nice designing. Your brother is a lucky fellow.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

You've got a cool eye for design! Sorry, didn't read your description before, I now see the symbol in the middle is a bass cleff. I's be carefull though, this could be taken for a ying-yang symbol, that being of a completely different religion/culture! Some might get offended.

Also, I've never seen the circular-star symbol before, what is it from (I know it's ICHTHUS, and I've heard of that before, but thought it was something else!)

I'd say #3&4 are the best, 4 looks the most like a recording studio though! Awsome job

[This message was edited by Steve Newport on January 15, 2002 at 18:41.]
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

Gary:
    Thanks for the kind words. Your articles on unleashed helped a lot.

Steve:
    Being a musician and having a very musical family I did not see a ying/yang but two parts of a C clef. I dropped the dots off of the F clef and flipped on and mated them. Hee hee I thought I was being creative. I appreciate your views and will gen a new one without that element, just in case my brother has a problem with the symbol. I wanted to stay away from some of the more common Christian elements (e.g., Crosses, Angels, Arks, etc...) Not that I was trying to mask or hide these elements, but portray them in a more subtle and modern way. I thought the ICHTHUS and Clef are more tolerable across all the Christian segments/factions. BTW my son, and I, love your LOTR ring!

Damn you type fast ;-). Edited your original message before I could type mine. Basically I drew the ICHTHUS with my tablet and started flipping it around and one thing lead to another and they seemed to look ok in a circle configuration nose to tale (single element listed below). Also the circle seems to be used a lot in the Bible.

Thanks for thoughts and suggestions.

Dave Zubrowski

[This message was edited by David Zubrowski on January 15, 2002 at 18:57.]

[This message was edited by David Zubrowski on January 15, 2002 at 19:07.]
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Dave Zubrowski

I quickly corrected myself after reading your description, I was hoping no one had read it yet [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] ! But I absolutely LOVE your designs, they are soo... smart! The Bass Cleff idea is very original and good, try keeping it but finding some way to make it look LESS like a ying-yang. If people get offended, there was no ignorance or confusion in the design, and you can tell them what it means then!

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

You said you were a musician. What kind of stuff do you do? I'm very curious!

And also, thanks for the compliments of the LOTR Ring, I love hearing that!

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

Hi David,

I have to second Gary's choice of #4 being the favorite. I like your choice of the clefs in the center. A treble clef is used all too frequently.

Steve pointed out that there will always be someone that will interpret something into any design. Go with a design you and your brother feel is correct.

Soquili
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

#4 looks good at the thumbnail size, but I like #3 (with its suggestion of sound waves?) at the larger size!

A bass clef is technically an 'F' clef.

And I should have gone to bed hours ago...

Peter</p>

Peat Stack or Pete's Tack?</p>

Soquili:
    Thanks. Ultimately it is up to my brother, but we are very much alike so I think he will like the clef.

Peter:
    My music theory teacher just had a nightmare about me <grin>. Thanks for the correction and comments. Now go to sleep!

Steve:
    I'm a guitarist. I have studied classical in community college as a music major, but switched to a business major. My love is Jazz fusion and Rock and Roll (Holdsworth, Carlton, Steve Moore, Keagy, etc...) Any music done very well is a pleasure to my ears and soul. I built my own flying V when I was 16. I used to play all the time until my brother passed away, he also had a small recording studio. It is kind of strange, because that is when I began to draw more and take up computer graphics as a hobby. It seemed that I chanelled my music creativity into graphics. I guess I needed some form of outlet. BTW, my brother's studio is in Cincinnati, OH and I spent a lot of summers in Dayton as a teenager.

Again, thanks for all the responses.

Dave Zubrowski
    Dave Zubrowski