Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Logo feedback

I am looking at redesigning a website for a small Canadian town. For a background the town is near the rocky mountains and fairly western.

This is a revamp of their logo. Is there anything glaringly wrong with it or anything you would add? I think the 'EST. 1908' date I put on will only show in larger occurrences of the logo.

And I wont take credit for the town name in the shape of a buffalo. Most what I am looking for is feedback on the colours and fonts.

jamesthiago
    http://members.shaw.ca/nenedevelopments[img]null[/img]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sundweb.gif 
Views:	261 
Size:	14.1 KB 
ID:	6343  

I am looking at redesigning a website for a small Canadian town. For a background the town is near the rocky mountains and fairly western.

This is a revamp of their logo. Is there anything glaringly wrong with it or anything you would add? I think the 'EST. 1908' date I put on will only show in larger occurrences of the logo.

And I wont take credit for the town name in the shape of a buffalo. Most what I am looking for is feedback on the colours and fonts.

jamesthiago
    http://members.shaw.ca/nenedevelopments[img]null[/img]

But could you redo it with a few different fonts so we can see a choice? It's one thing to look at a book of fonts and imagine what it would look like on your logo, but another to see it there.

Turan

I just thought it was deformed type.

I would make the buffalo a buffalo and make the city name readable type.

But then, I'm like that—very literal :-)

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

I think the logo is wonderful. I think it does need to be spiffed up a bit. The whole thing looks like a poster from a 70's rock poster, KOOL!!

Maybe colorize the logo and then work a more dynamic font into the top area. I think that Gary is right, but I like it too, the buffalo and font merge is a bit hard to see at first, but I think it's well designed for the most part. Maybe redo the s and u somehow. So the image is still there but the word is more easily recoginized by the eye.

Good luck to you

RAMWolff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---