Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Availor, since the logo has to have eye, and simplification is not an issue, how about a photo of a real eye, plus special effects on the pupil? If you can get hold of a high definition pic, sizing it down should not be a problem. You don't have to vector it all the way. Just an idea.
    A quick google image search produced a lot of eye-based logos.
    http://images.google.com/images?q=ey...r=&sa=N&tab=wi
    Look at them and find a style you like, then do your version. I'm not saying you should copy them, but think of it as strolling down a gallery looking for inspiration.

Availor, since the logo has to have eye, and simplification is not an issue, how about a photo of a real eye, plus special effects on the pupil? If you can get hold of a high definition pic, sizing it down should not be a problem. You don't have to vector it all the way. Just an idea.
    Yeah, like this perhaps? This was an illustrated eye and used in a stylized lens for a photographer.

Gary
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PK_logo.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	18.8 KB 
ID:	11930  

"I am not interested in simplifying my logo since the media it is intended to is mostly multimedia, and printed colorful version of it. Not black and white. " - Availor

You missed my point. You knew, and everyone else who have read this post knew exactly what that simple shape represented. The more complex the shape the harder it is to duplicate, and remember. Can you remember how the stars are arranged in the US flag, or even which color is the top stripe? Why... because, It is a pretty complex logo...

I am not Isrealie, but I know your flag is blue on top, white in the center and blue on the bottom with a blue star of David. Good logo, simple to remember, simple to produce... simple translates into cheap to produce and easily reproduceable in any media. Simple in the best logo, period.

I would be willing to bet that if you make it complex you will have to change it before you change the name of the company...

Well I've realized that creating a logo for myself is much harder than creating one for someone else.... everything just doesn't seem right....
    For another person, I just make him a logo and he's satisfied with 70% of the suggested logos I do.

Here's another attempt, though it's not very origianl I guess, but its simple. I didn't add any details except curving the middle a bit.

I seem to have no ideas for myself http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/frown.gif
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	26.8 KB 
ID:	17894  

It's hard because you're too wrapped up in it. Like stage fright or something. Put it out of your mind for a few days. Or take out a paper and pencil and doodle. Concentrate on a concept or idea first, then do variations and color schemes. Don't rush to do a finished version in your computer.

OK Now with the feather you are getting somewhere.

What if the line being created with the quill pen were electronic looking? Then you would be generating some interest.

And I would find a photo of a real quill pen (Rich probably has hundreds of feather images he would probably let you use) and then make some electronic magic come out of the quill pen.

In other words, the expected and the unexpected.

Gary

Hi Availor,

Do you have a company name yet... A company name/catch phrase is like the lead sentence in a paper. If you have something that works, everything flows smoothly. Without it, you have writers block...

How about "eagle eye design". Then you can incorporate the feather(wings), and eagles eye... I will leave the catch phrase up to you.