Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Availor,
    in my personal opinion, the logo design should be much more simple... and much more cool, especially with the current name "Art of Design". For example, if I plan to plot this logo (bat winged eye-ball) in vinyl film for the outdoor sign - how can I do it ???
    Of course, all these effects such a blends and reflections could be nice for printing and web graphics, but I guess it's always good to have an alternative variants for other technologies

Alexander

Well here is another attempt... the "?" sign inside the "!" sign means if you got question I've got the answer... I put the eye since it's prettier, but mostly I can do without it, only with the CMYK sign instead.... what do you think?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	431 
Size:	48.0 KB 
ID:	7328  

Hi,

When I first saw the Logos, before reading the text I guessed, wrongly, that the company was called "An eye for design". Sounds quite good . . . .

Carol Leather
    Carol Leather

Availor,

Once you pull those things down to the size of a business card, I'm afraid people won't be able to make out a thing...

xander11 wrote: Availor, in my personal opinion, the logo design should be much more simple...
    --- I agree. I don't think those gradients, shading, and small details will translate very well. http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/frown.gif

You seem to be more focused on tying in symbols (that you have already set your mind on) in to other unrelated symbols, instead of exploring many ideas - and imagery?

In all honesty (as you are looking for honest feedback) - I don't think any of those "designs" work. http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/frown.gif I'm hard at finding anything positive/interesting about them. http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/frown.gif Again, why not try different things?

I also don't understand why you continue with the eyeball and wings? It's clearly not your design idea. Wouldn't you want something that you have come up with yourself for your own personal design business? http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/confused.gif

Sorry for being so negative... You may feel free to ignore, if you think I'm totally out there.

Well back to the drawing board then.... http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/confused.gif

Carol: There are already two companies I know of: Eyes of the Design and Eye of Design, so that's out....

Sorry for being so negative... You may feel free to ignore, if you think I'm totally out there.
    Risto: On the contrary, I like your comments since they are real and not in a manner of flattering. Thus meaning that when I come up with something good I'll get aknowledged for that... That's why I post any new ideas I have, since all my friends "love" everything I do - this means they know nothing about it http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/wink.gif

My personal tip: When I publish a book, I need it to be eye catching, so I always give a complex math book to a kid... if he throws it away I don't even ask him why, I redo it. If he likes it then I keep it...
    A child is always right since an adult person might just want to flatter you, or he doesn't really want to look at your work and just says "yeah its good"....

There is a child in all of us, so if a child likes it, an adult person will sure like it... think for yourself, a math book that does not look so intimidating.... anyone considered how a physics book would look like if the drawings would be more colorful? pershaps children would like them better...

I sold almost all my workbooks in school, whereas serious books, written by professors (I don't write the material, I just type and design it) get neglected.

Availor,
    I'm glad I just got high-speed access here at home, otherwise there's no telling how long it would've taken to download your massive images.

Listen to Risto, he had a lot of good things to say. More importantly, don't give up. I'm sure all the professionals here can assure you it takes time to get really good at what they do.

.joroho.
    Wise men still seek Him.

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Availor -- in the future try to remember to post jpg images rather than bmp's. Smaller file sizes are more friendly.

Regarding your designs: I think the eye is quite appealing all by itself. Wings, feet, or tails just complicate what is a pure shape. As a circle it has a punch to it. Wham! punch in the eye! People seeing it won't forget it.

I've made a business card design to show you that the eye can have impact. Letting it extend off the edge does not interfer with the mind seeing it as a circular shape and in fact gives it greater virtual size. I hope the card design gets across the idea that simple can look good and classy. The font I used is Futura Bold. The blue colour was sampled from your eye with the eyedropper tool.

Regards, Ross

Name:	availor-card.jpg 
Views:	368 
Size:	32.0 KB 
ID:	16721  

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

By the way -- I used futura bold because it is boldly graphic and significantly it has circular shapes. Those circles of course relating to the eye graphic. Note the 'g' in "design" and how its hole is circular. A font with oval shapes wouldn't tie things together as well.

Regards, Ross

Hey Availor,

Look for some of Simon's logo's. He is a master and simplifying things to the extreme, yet loosing none of the message. A graphic shorthand/zip file. A graphic does not have to be complex to be powerful...

case in point... a simple 2 color gif based on 2 triangles...

Name:	1upload.gif 
Views:	319 
Size:	1.3 KB 
ID:	19647  

Ross, thanks for the business card idea.

John, a "Star of David" as my logo is quite an interesting idea, considering it being our national symbol http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif I am not interested in simplifying my logo since the media it is intended to is mostly multimedia, and printed colorful version of it. Not black and white.

It is shown well on a business card, and that is enought for me. I've

I'm out of ideas for now... and I can't get rid of that eye thing, I don't know why.... anyway, here's another attempt.

I've got a logo I've made for something else, but it's not suitable for designing....

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	319 
Size:	14.8 KB 
ID:	4424