Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

if someone has not made some effort, and does not have a track record at helping others.

But what is good about this forum is that we can all punt some ideas and get a set of views and even one or two alternatives. Or else a tried and tested tutorial to solve a problem.

I realise that most people visiting here are busy or else dead tired at the end of a long day, and this make me appreciate it greatly when someone comes up with a good idea.

www.bricksandbrass.co.uk
    Simon
    ------------------------------
    www.tlaconsultancy.co.uk
    www.bricksandbrass.co.uk

While your points are all valid, I'd appreciate it if someone could show me where I said I was not prepared to pay for any artwork? I suggest you read things thoroughly and properly before you start to slag people off.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by EvilGarlicNaanBread:
    While your points are all valid, I'd appreciate it if someone could show me where I said I was not prepared to pay for any artwork? I suggest you read things thoroughly and properly before you start to slag people off.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hm, sorry I don't have anything personal against you, but Where you said you were? And where you said how much. Maybe it would shift the discussion closer towards more satisfactory result.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I've no idea what I want the illustration to be, just a very powerful image to go along with the caption "Please don't cry, never say die!".

I'd be very thankful if anyone would be kind enough to have a shot,

Cheers,
    Jonny.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This portion reads as a request with no mention of payment. It sounds as if you are expecting to see responses with images attached from which you could pick the best one. It reads as if there would be no payment.

For everyone else who would create an image, presumably they would not be paid if you didn't select their work.

If you want something done, and done right, you should have an idea of what you want. Then you could give some direction. This is going on your body, you need to have a clear idea about what you want.

Also if you had posted that you were willing to pay, or you had a budget in mind or were asking for bids for such a job, you might have gotten better responses.

And your post, though it may have been sincere, certainly doesn't read as a professional work order. You really need to thoroughly think about this request before you post.

Sheffield Abella
    sheff@sheff.com
    www.sheff.com
    Sheff
    My Site

Johnny! I see you are seventeen years old, and I am sure you have a young and healthy skin. I would not have used a penny to any Xarian or other artist to spoil that. My advice is that you don´t do the tatoo now, but wait until you get so old that you never will regret it.

And to Sheff, Jens, Klaus and probably others - seventeen years.

Øystein

http://www.heimesider.com

andalucía · españa and lower saxony · germany

17 years - so what? If he doesn't learn to pay for a service in young ages he will consider design and artwork a free service for his lifetime.

Arent't there enough people around who cause hassle with this attitude?

I don't mind what customers will do with my designs or artwork. I'm not a shrink to guide or consult someone else, because that's not included in my fees. Everybody can be as destructive as he or she wants to be, as long as it won't touch anybody else.

But that's another story. The fact remains that Mr. Evil Garlic wanted a creative service for free. Next time someone will ask me for a free dental surgery I'll say: ok, look straight into my eyes babe, now close your eyes! Then I'll slam my fist with the power of an impact of 200 kg per square centimeter (= 2800 pounds per square inch) into his face. It'll be a quick and satisfactory solution for the client AND me and LOTS OF FUN (did I mention that I've been a boxer and weightlifter for many years?). And believe me: next time he will pay for a professional service!

Don't tell me this is rude unless you will tell me that it's nice to ruin designers and artists who need to feed their families.

FIESTA !

Question: can anybody explain to me why someone pays for a car or surgery without rising any question, but considers art and design to be free?

jens g.r. benthien
    designer
    http://www.sacalobra.de

----------//--
    If you don't know how to dream you'll never be a designer.
    ----------//--
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--

Jens - I don´t intend to argue with you on this topic - I know what you mean and really do agree that artist as other workers must get paid for their work. I don´t name me as an artist, but I do a lot of (creative) digital work - and even my sister asked me "How much do you take for a website?". I have enough work and work for those who pay me.

My point was just that we somtimes need to calm down - like the cows outside my window. (Photo taken five minutes ago.

http://home.online.no/~oystange/cows.jpg

Øystein

http://www.heimesider.com

Word! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

It just goes to show that everythings not as simple as it first appears.
    Egg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	!2Oystien_Cows.jpg 
Views:	234 
Size:	43.6 KB 
ID:	5929  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I envy you. The cows look so happy there. Here in the states cows don't have much of the luxury any more. Most are raised on antibiotics and dry hay and live in fly and masquito infested areas. I saw this program on Animal World (cable channel here in the USA) and I was apalled. I still eat beef but my heart goes out to the quality of life that I think every creature is entitled to while here on the earth!!!

Richard [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

---Wolff On The Prowl---
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---