Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hey, sorry for the lack of contribution to this site lately (and I know you've all noticed! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] ), but I was recently introduced into the world of modeling(3d)! So that's been consuming most of my time lately. However, I'll be doin as much X as I can!
    Here is my most recent Xart, done in a few hours. I had no model for this one due to the lack of diamonds lying around the house! However, I used my best knowledge about the angle of reflection etc. and hope the resulting image is correct and pleasing to the eye! Hope you guys like it

Steve Newpor

[This message was edited by Steve Newport on July 30, 2001 at 22:04.]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Diamond.jpg 
Views:	500 
Size:	65.1 KB 
ID:	3097  
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

Hey, sorry for the lack of contribution to this site lately (and I know you've all noticed! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] ), but I was recently introduced into the world of modeling(3d)! So that's been consuming most of my time lately. However, I'll be doin as much X as I can!
    Here is my most recent Xart, done in a few hours. I had no model for this one due to the lack of diamonds lying around the house! However, I used my best knowledge about the angle of reflection etc. and hope the resulting image is correct and pleasing to the eye! Hope you guys like it

Steve Newpor

[This message was edited by Steve Newport on July 30, 2001 at 22:04.]
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

I'm impressed. I like the transparent qualities, the rainbow-tinged colours, and the blurred refractive shadow underneath it ... are you sure you didn't have a huge diamond as a model [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

David K ... www.dkingdesign.com

Very dramatic, Steve. And yes, you were missed.

Xara and 3D apps are not mutually exclusive.

Gary David Bouton, who hosts the 3D Conference here, and who has written more best-selling books on for more software than most of us will ever learn, loves to bring his 3D images into Xara to add some extra magic.

Visit his Featured Artist Gallery and see for yourself.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

beehive or bus melt

Yea, AFTER I was finished with the piece I had thought about bringing a diamond into a 3d app. and seeing the characteristics, and I also wish I had studied more of Rudolf Kahl's work seeing he is the master of this genre! Anyway, more feedback is welcome, thanks for the comments already

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

Galloping Squirrel Ranch, Bend, Oregon, USA

It is very good Steve. I am so impressed with your ability to observe and analyze. It is said one cannot become an artist until one learns how to see. You certainly have that ability.

Judi

... I got my wife one of those... about the same size I think... you did a amazing job making it look good; especially the translucent qualities.

Super, "Super-Steve"! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Risto

It's splendid, Steve! I especially like the very subtle grays and faint rainbowish hues. Great "seeing"!

K
    K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

That I find the title of this thread offensive. Considering the content. I would consider a dog or cat my best friend before I'd think of a diamond.

Steve is young, so I forgive him. But stop the stereotypes, please...