Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

All,

I put together a small utility to let me easily look at all the "options" settings for XaraX in my registry. You can also send all of the options to your clipboard easily. You can download it at:

http://frontpage98.nmia.com/~kittycat

Follow the links to the download page. Let me know if you find it useful or not.

Stan

All,

I put together a small utility to let me easily look at all the "options" settings for XaraX in my registry. You can also send all of the options to your clipboard easily. You can download it at:

http://frontpage98.nmia.com/~kittycat

Follow the links to the download page. Let me know if you find it useful or not.

Stan

Stan,

what a nifty little thing.
    Thanks for sharing.

I also put it to immediate use. I set "LastAttrAppliedBecomesCurrent" under attributes from 0 to 1, that saves me from defining and confirming the default values per session.

When I now draw a red circle with no outline, all the following circles will have the same attributes. I like that ...

Wolfgang

I think I wuv you. What a great application. XaraLtd. should ask to add this little utility into the next release of Xara. This is really something. You even included a direct link to Regedit. WOW [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Thank you SOOOO much. I am really happy about this [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

What the heck does it do?? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] (kidding)

RAMWolff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

but here is an example of Wolfgangs tip.

I drew a circle, added an 8 point line to it, all the circles after were the same in line width. Then I tried the same thing for square shapes, hence the box around the image set at 4 points, but still red. It changes when YOU change it and does not go back to that irratating default.

I constantly draw shapes that I don't want a line around at all, this will allow me to do this, maybe I will make more of an effort to work on a face now, I don't have to keep setting each object to 'no line width' every time.

Thanks again standay for you nifty software and to Wolfgang (my favorite Austrian [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] ) for the tip!!

Bravo [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RedandBlack_Bubbles_Small.gif 
Views:	676 
Size:	53.2 KB 
ID:	19598  
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>and to Wolfgang (my favorite Austrian) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah right, as if you would know any other [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Wolfgang

smartass!!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

but you right [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

I really want to try using this registery edit thing, but I'm gonna need a little assist.

The download is complete and I can look at it, my problem is how to change any thing. It may be a little step by step, go here now, and click this approach maybe necessary for me to pull this off. If you all could help me get through the one that RAMWolff did I should be OK for future alterations.

Thanks all, espically Stan for the utility. Sorry that I'm unable to grasp the concept and get it done on my own.

Regards, Phil

Open regedit off the menu. Go to:

My Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Xara\Xarax\
    Version 3.0\Options\Attributes

change: (Edit DWORD Value)

"LastAttrAppliedBecomesCurrent"

from 0 to 1

Ich bin ein New Yorker
    "If you can do good, you should."
    W.K. Clark

Where's regedit on what menu please? Then type in that path you have there? ans simply change the 0 to 1?