Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

OK, here's one that I am hoping you all can help me with.

I am finally starting to work (I think I have 3 projects going on now...whew!!) on a project called the "Capricorn King". As some may have guessed I am into metaphysics ALLOT. I always wanted to create the "kings and queens" of the Zodiac. One was (since I am a Capricornian)the "Capricorn King" a drawing I did over 2 years ago. I have lost some interest in drawing and painting (temporarily) but now I am wanting to try my hand at what Vladimyr and a few others do, vector imaging (probably not the right terminology).

I am getting pretty good with the freehand tool for drawing "body parts" and shapes to highlight areas and what not. but I need to "tac" them to the page so I can work over them. I ran into this tonight.

Got the face, ears, neck into place, and it looks good so far, (eye shapes, eyebrows and nose too!) VERY basic, but polished. I wanted to add in a jaw line but the objects keep getting moved when I am trying to draw in the exact lines I will need to create it correctly, I need them where I have them positioned to get it right. Is there anyway to "tac" them down so I can do this???

And of course I will need this advice as I move along through out the entire project.

ANY advice as to what to do here??

MUCHO Appreciated.

RAMWolff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

OK, here's one that I am hoping you all can help me with.

I am finally starting to work (I think I have 3 projects going on now...whew!!) on a project called the "Capricorn King". As some may have guessed I am into metaphysics ALLOT. I always wanted to create the "kings and queens" of the Zodiac. One was (since I am a Capricornian)the "Capricorn King" a drawing I did over 2 years ago. I have lost some interest in drawing and painting (temporarily) but now I am wanting to try my hand at what Vladimyr and a few others do, vector imaging (probably not the right terminology).

I am getting pretty good with the freehand tool for drawing "body parts" and shapes to highlight areas and what not. but I need to "tac" them to the page so I can work over them. I ran into this tonight.

Got the face, ears, neck into place, and it looks good so far, (eye shapes, eyebrows and nose too!) VERY basic, but polished. I wanted to add in a jaw line but the objects keep getting moved when I am trying to draw in the exact lines I will need to create it correctly, I need them where I have them positioned to get it right. Is there anyway to "tac" them down so I can do this???

And of course I will need this advice as I move along through out the entire project.

ANY advice as to what to do here??

MUCHO Appreciated.

Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Create a new layer to work on and set the previous layer to be non-editable.

Christine
    Christine

Software: XDPX9, WD9,WD10,XDPX10,WD11,XDPX11,XDP365

Sigh...........still learning.

I did figure out a way to create a template that doesn't move. I know there are easier ways, but this one works for me.

I imported the JPG that I am working from. Looked at the Width and Height of the selected. Wrote it down. Placed the JPG in one of the folders that I have for "fills" and chose the Fills Gallery, browsed to the folder, did an "update" then chose the image and hit the "background" button. Went to "options" and set the page to the H & W of the image. Perfect template that doesn't move around.

Probably others have used this, but I just now discovered it for myself and I think it's dandy!!

Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Cool tip, RAMWolff!
    I had been wondering about how best to get an 'onion skin' working - your solution is great (using the fill gallery).
    For my money: worth submitting to Tip of the Week [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Regards,
    Britta
    "I'm mad as a bat"
    Regards,
    Britta

is this tip worth submitting to the "tip of the week"?? If so........I am submitting this fabulous tip.

That would be fun to contribute something like that.

What say you???

Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---