Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: An Introduction

Hello to everyone here at the Xara X forum. I'm a former lurker who has come to join this truly wonderful group. I am not a visual arts professional in any sense of the term; but I greatly enjoy doing little graphics projects on my computer. I work as an addiction counsellor, and as a substitute school teacher. I am in the midst of a transition from the latter career to the former.

I have been using Xara X to produce little (8x10 inches and smaller) signs and greeting cards for personal use and for work. I have posted three of my creations in the Gallery under the same title as this topic. They are simple, but lots of fun to make. Some of the items I have made for personal use have involved the use of copyrighted photos, so I will not post them here.

I have to say, as many have said before me, that this forum is a unique and invaluble resource. It not only provides priceless, immediate one-on-one (and one-on-many!) tutoring in the use of Xara and in general design principles; it also provides a supportive community that clearly does a lot to help its members feel good about their artistic efforts. The importance of this last point cannot be overstressed, because it is this that I'm sure goes the farthest in inspiring people to continue their efforts, and to improve at remarkable rates of speed.

Thanks to Xara Ltd. and the moderators for keeping this forum going long enough for me to join it. I hope to be able to pull my weight with constructive contributions.

Regards,
    Glen
    There are two kinds of people in the world: those who think there are two kinds of people in the world, and those who don’t.

Hello to everyone here at the Xara X forum. I'm a former lurker who has come to join this truly wonderful group. I am not a visual arts professional in any sense of the term; but I greatly enjoy doing little graphics projects on my computer. I work as an addiction counsellor, and as a substitute school teacher. I am in the midst of a transition from the latter career to the former.

I have been using Xara X to produce little (8x10 inches and smaller) signs and greeting cards for personal use and for work. I have posted three of my creations in the Gallery under the same title as this topic. They are simple, but lots of fun to make. Some of the items I have made for personal use have involved the use of copyrighted photos, so I will not post them here.

I have to say, as many have said before me, that this forum is a unique and invaluble resource. It not only provides priceless, immediate one-on-one (and one-on-many!) tutoring in the use of Xara and in general design principles; it also provides a supportive community that clearly does a lot to help its members feel good about their artistic efforts. The importance of this last point cannot be overstressed, because it is this that I'm sure goes the farthest in inspiring people to continue their efforts, and to improve at remarkable rates of speed.

Thanks to Xara Ltd. and the moderators for keeping this forum going long enough for me to join it. I hope to be able to pull my weight with constructive contributions.

Regards,
    Glen
    There are two kinds of people in the world: those who think there are two kinds of people in the world, and those who don’t.

Let me be the first to welcome you to the forum. It IS a very unique place and most definitely an invaluble resource. The folks are nice and helpful and fun to exchange ideas and show one another our accomplishments. It's been a fun ride for me so far. And I hope it is for you as well.

Welcome [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

RAMWolff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Welcome Glen,
    I too am no professional graphics designer, and in fact we have all walks of life here. Given that, it is still what I consider to be the best forum going.
    And by the way, I still take it "one day at a time."
    Sobriety date: October 19th,1991
    Welcome again, and good luck in your new old job!
    Mike
    "You can't grill 'em, 'til you kill 'em"
    Ted Nugent

For me, since March 21, 1987, ODAAT. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

G.

You are not alone, Glen, but welcome to the world of the non-lurkers.

We have many more lurkers than posted in these conferences but that is fine. As people feel comfortable or have questions or something to contribute, they slip from the shadows into the lime light :-)

Very handsome images you posted in the Xara Gallery Conference.

Good to have you here.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone