Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

In case any of you are in the market for a tablet, this may be of interest to you. It is an excerpt from a Wacom email bulletin.

"EXCLUSIVE ALERT
    We have just posted a limited supply f "refurbished" graphics tablets on WacomDirect!

This is your best chance to take a look and pick up a great tablet at a bargain price. These "refurbished" tablets are often tablets that we have used at an event and can no longer sell as "new". They come with a one year warranty and are a great value. By the way, this is the only announcement we'll make until we put a notice on our home page on 02/13/02-- so check it out today at http://wacomdirect.wacom.com/wacomdirect/reftablet.asp while supplies last.

Intuos Privileges Featured Offer
    Registered Intuos and Intuos2 owners can save up to $75 on Toon Boom Studio. Toon Boom Studio is the complete animation package for creative 2D animation for the web-- perfect for animators, web designers and anyone who wants to create great 'toons! Now just $299 through February 28th, 2002."

In case any of you are in the market for a tablet, this may be of interest to you. It is an excerpt from a Wacom email bulletin.

"EXCLUSIVE ALERT
    We have just posted a limited supply f "refurbished" graphics tablets on WacomDirect!

This is your best chance to take a look and pick up a great tablet at a bargain price. These "refurbished" tablets are often tablets that we have used at an event and can no longer sell as "new". They come with a one year warranty and are a great value. By the way, this is the only announcement we'll make until we put a notice on our home page on 02/13/02-- so check it out today at http://wacomdirect.wacom.com/wacomdirect/reftablet.asp while supplies last.

Intuos Privileges Featured Offer
    Registered Intuos and Intuos2 owners can save up to $75 on Toon Boom Studio. Toon Boom Studio is the complete animation package for creative 2D animation for the web-- perfect for animators, web designers and anyone who wants to create great 'toons! Now just $299 through February 28th, 2002."

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

I bought one of their 'reconditioned' units a while back. I was very surprised at the 'new' condition. Absolutely no indication it had ever been used.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

I too bought a "reconditioned" unit last year, before they brought out the Intuos 2 models. I was completely unable to detect ANY indication it wasn't brand spankin' new.

I wish I had the extra cash so I could get the 12x12 Intuos, though the 6x8 will suit my needs for a LOOOONG time. The price on that one is a hair over HALF PRICE! Shop the net. No one else is remotely close to that.

I have no idea why I waited so long to get one. I can't imagine being without it now.

>>HINT<<-these sales don't last very long. They sell out rather quickly. Get em' while the gettin's good! Just a piece of advice from a very satisfied customer.

Danny Huff
    http://www.asherrocks.com
    (I'm the guy who USED to have a lot of excess hair)

But I would definentally like to have one some day, my mouse sucks at the moment, and it would be soooo helpfull to be able to use your regular drawing motion. Thanks for the info!

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

send Wacom a nice letter and ask them for a 'donation' of a tablet. Explain the starving student bit, include some of your favorite illustrations, and appeal to their marketing savy by suggesting how both you and them could benefit from gifting you with a tablet. It is a small cost to them to encourage your development - which they could potentially feature in some marketing capacity. Perhaps that could be accomplished by your offering to create them some 'Wacom' art.

It's just an idea. I've been accused of having a romantic imagination. But then again, writing such a letter wouldn't take too much time and it might be worth a shot. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

As Ross has suggested, it never hurts to try. Perhaps they'd be willing to make a contribution to your school, then you'd at least have access to tablet.

I used to have an old Wacom 6 x 8 tablet. It was a serial tablet and I loved it.

Later I got a 9 x 12 USB Intuos tablet. I don't like it as much as I liked the 6 x 8. The reason being, that I have 2 monitors and the tablet spans both monitors. The bigger the tablet, more arm movement is required. I think that 6 x 8 is the ideal working size. If I had known better, I would have stuck with the 6 x 8.

The most advantageous app for the tablet is Painter. I use the tablet in Xara only when I need to(ie editing points). Most of the time, I use my mouse.

Sheffield Abella
    sheff@sheff.com
    www.sheff.com
    Sheff
    My Site

As Sheffield said, the larger the tablet, the more movement. But that isn't necessarily the case. The software that sets up your Wacom Intuos also allows you to map the area of the tablet you want to represent the screen, whether it be 100% of the tablet, or a small little section located wherever you like on its surface.

With a larger sized one, though, at least you have the choice to use a 1"x1" sized area, or however large the size of the tablet. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Danny Huff
    http://www.asherrocks.com
    (I'm the guy who USED to have a lot of excess hair)