Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Not sure exactly where this idea came from, just kinda popped into my head one day.

The gravel pattern was created in Photoshop (I was lazy [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] ) but everything else is 100% Xara.

The fish in this picture was modeled after a yellow tang. Yes, the colour pattern is similar to the dragon that I posted a while back, its a bit of an inside joke.

I'm not very artistically minded, and as such am having a bit of trouble picking out things that are a bit odd. The only thing I've been able to pick out is the shading/highlighting on the fish... It makes it look a bit chiseled?

Any comments/suggestions are much appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fish.jpg 
Views:	392 
Size:	67.1 KB 
ID:	19520  

Not sure exactly where this idea came from, just kinda popped into my head one day.

The gravel pattern was created in Photoshop (I was lazy [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] ) but everything else is 100% Xara.

The fish in this picture was modeled after a yellow tang. Yes, the colour pattern is similar to the dragon that I posted a while back, its a bit of an inside joke.

I'm not very artistically minded, and as such am having a bit of trouble picking out things that are a bit odd. The only thing I've been able to pick out is the shading/highlighting on the fish... It makes it look a bit chiseled?

Any comments/suggestions are much appreciated.

Extra Surreal!!

I love this image! Don't worry about the technicalites, this image works and looks great.

Good work [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Michael Ward
    http://www.metalandplastics.co.uk
    http://www.leighcenturions.net

Hi
    I think that your fish looks great! The castle is nice too.
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

That is Fish languge for extra cool :-)

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

I used to keep 2 large salt water tanks and love your fish image! The "chiseled" upper area gives it nice dimension (only as a "fish keeper" and in regards to this type of fish, does it remind of a concern called "wasting"---YIKES! But no one else would ever know, and artistically it gives it more form). Great job!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

---As The Crow Flies!---
    Maya
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

Don't change a thing!!!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

It makes a very nice wallpaper, too. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Dale

Why, I’m afraid I can’t explain myself, sir, because I’m not myself, you know...
    - Lewis Carroll

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

The fish's fins - the glow wonderfully. I also like that brushed coral thing!

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

I'm with the others too on this. I like the effect of the shading and highlight on the fish it works well.

I also really like the water plant and the coloured gravel fill.

Nice job!

Regards

Su
    "If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life." - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!