Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: I'm hooked to

andalucía · españa and lower saxony · germany

office furniture at the moment. Maybe someone can suggest another playground?

Stu, yes, crits means rendering crits as well!

jens g.r. benthien
    designer
    http://www.sacalobra.de

----------//--
    If you don't know how to dream you'll never be a designer.
    ----------//--
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	milano01.jpg 
Views:	215 
Size:	65.9 KB 
ID:	12090  
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--

office furniture at the moment. Maybe someone can suggest another playground?

Stu, yes, crits means rendering crits as well!

jens g.r. benthien
    designer

----------//--
    ----------//--
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--

Cool designs Jens... no 'crits' here.

But why is that girl smiling and looking up like that? Is this "office" furniture "multi-functional"?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mark (theKeeper):
    Cool designs Jens... no 'crits' here.

But why is that girl smiling and looking up like that? Is this "office" furniture "multi-functional"? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hhahahahahaaa......good one Mark..

Hi jens

Love your designs,in many ways you are a visionary ,but I dont know maybe I am wrong but I think the style is to hip or stylish for an office environment.What you want is the yuppie who has the cash to buy a Porshce and also have a really stylish designer kitchen,then when you get one set of something sold the rest want it to be part of the crowd.Have you though of putting your brilliant design skills to something like say stereo speaker stands,a designer computer desk with the jens touch,a TV video and DVD cabinet,something your skills would be great for and would suit that market excellently.

Like I said I might be wrong but your office equipment installed in the average office {to me} is kind of like putting a Ferrari spolier on a Lada,you could say its meant for better things

Stu.

thanks for your ideas!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> your office equipment installed in the average office {to me} is kind of like putting a Ferrari spolier on a Lada <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL, that's a real good comparison. It's sad that it's the bare truth.

But on the other hand, everybody who walk to a BMW dealer wants to have the flagship - but can't afford it. So most people settle with the smaller models.

Same effect with office furniture: you want the killer, but can't afford anything else but the basic version.

Each company has some dreams on sale - but they make a living on the mass products. On the other hand: the flagships and dreams pour more money into their pockets. BMW for example: a bit more tin, iron and plastic for the larger model carries a price tag of at least 300% of the basic model. For the manufacturers it's the icing on the cake, an excellent instrument to raise their reputation.

Don't forget to check the speaker stands for you ;-}

jens g.r. benthien
    designer

----------//--
    ----------//--
    --------------------//--
    --------------------//--

Jens, I like all your furnature designs. From your image, the satellite side table can be swung down? Would be great for those times when you need that little extra space.

Soquili
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Jens, I like all your furnature designs. From your image, the satellite side table can be swung down? Would be great for those times when you need that little extra space. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the compliments!

No, the satellite table - actually the place for the keyboard and mouse - can't be swung down, but to the left and right. In addition you can rotate the table itself. That means you can move the keyboard table completely under the desk top, almost to the rear where it will be stopped by the blind (?).

The trick is that you can mount the satellite table to both sides, as well as the blinds under the desk top, to use it for either left side or right side oriented people.

The concentric table is for the monitor - a simple monitor stand. Just insert the tube into the desk, put the table on top (click in) and you are done. No assembly in the factory, only on location...

I've already sketched an add-on table to serve as a small conference table, fitting smoothly to the round end of the desk.

With an overall length of 200 cm or almosst 7 feet this not a tiny model...

jens g.r. benthien
    designer

----------//--
    ----------//--
    --------------------//--
    --------------------//--

Another area your innovative style would be great for jens would be a childrens playground,lots of design quirks to add that kind of thing

1) skip the lady! My first thought was something similar to Mark's "multi-functional" remark.

2) change the angle of your rendering, because at first glance
    a) on the background desk, the monitor table and the satellite table blend together (I first wondered what kind "palette" that was, but then figured out it was two different parts)
    b) on the foreground desk, the satellite table looks like it has been "turned downwards"

-Paul
    Paul the Gnurfmeister!
    Home: http://www.gnurf.net/v3/ | My stuff for sale: http://www.zazzle.com/gnurf* | Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/pasoderholm