Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

hi all, i have never used a bulletin board... so i hope i haven't already broken a rule. I'm a new user to xara x and wow! Read through lots of stuff on this site and then built some stuff for my website... check out tailwindtech.com... proud of graphic on "solutions" page. I owe it all to you folks... neat product / nice people.

anyhoo... my animation is a hog... is there a way to limit the quality of all frames in an animation accept the last? I tried minimizing the palette in the frame properties... but it changes the number of colors for all frames... also... any other hints for better graphics ect... are welcomed! no heckling my site though... I'm an x-farm boy and tell people that I'd love to be an artist but my dad backed over my hand with a tractor when I was a kid... that about sums up my drawing skills.

hi all, i have never used a bulletin board... so i hope i haven't already broken a rule. I'm a new user to xara x and wow! Read through lots of stuff on this site and then built some stuff for my website... check out tailwindtech.com... proud of graphic on "solutions" page. I owe it all to you folks... neat product / nice people.

anyhoo... my animation is a hog... is there a way to limit the quality of all frames in an animation accept the last? I tried minimizing the palette in the frame properties... but it changes the number of colors for all frames... also... any other hints for better graphics ect... are welcomed! no heckling my site though... I'm an x-farm boy and tell people that I'd love to be an artist but my dad backed over my hand with a tractor when I was a kid... that about sums up my drawing skills.

Here is a Link to your site.

Welcome to the Xara X conference and thanks for showing us your clean site. Cool buttons too.

The best way to accomplish compelling animation with minimal file size is Flash. Create your frames in Xara, export them as SWF images and assemble them in Flash.

The February XaraXone Tutorial (and March too) demonstrate the process.

Good to have you here.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

Hi Xoda,

I just tried and was able to reduce the filesize of your "solutions" animation from 130 kB to about 80 kB (which is still too big).

This with a visible loss of quality though ..

Problem is, that gradients and fractals just are not a good choice for GIF-format. Which you will need for your animation.

If you just do the same thing without gradients and fractals, the filesize should be much smaller by still keeping good quality.

The other possibility was already suggested by Gary: Flash

Last but not least: Welcome to this forum !!

Wolfgang
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sol.gif 
Views:	273 
Size:	79.7 KB 
ID:	19172  

Gary, Wolfgang... I appreciate the notes and comments. I'll check out the tuts when I can. Wolfgang, thanks for givng it a work over.

Will stay in touch as i learn more about xara... have a good week.