Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hello

Can anyone tell me if I can duplicate multiple images on a page at one time with the XaraX1.

I have an image at the top of my page and I want to tell it to make 12 images and fill the entire page.

This is also called replicate but I don't see this option in Xara.

I know I can copy and paste each one individually, but I'm looking for a fast way to do this all in one shot.

Does anyone know if this is possible?

Hello

Can anyone tell me if I can duplicate multiple images on a page at one time with the XaraX1.

I have an image at the top of my page and I want to tell it to make 12 images and fill the entire page.

This is also called replicate but I don't see this option in Xara.

I know I can copy and paste each one individually, but I'm looking for a fast way to do this all in one shot.

Does anyone know if this is possible?

Hello NorthStars, welcome in....

You cannot exactly "tile" your images, but you can use the BLEND tool.

Select your shape, and Drag it vertically (holding the CTRL key) down until you are satisfied, now click the right mouse button to duplicate the object. Now select them both with the SHIFT key. Then use the blend tool to create a series of blend between them.

NOTE that the objects must be grouped.

Depending on how many objects you want set the number of blend steps. Do the same for the horizontal shapes.

This proceedure should take you no more than 10 seconds.

Good Luck

Great

This was extremely helpful.

Thanks

Another way to do this is to set the Duplication Distance in the Page options to a specific distance. Utilities > Options > General > Duplication Distance

For example, if the object to be duplicated is 2" x 2", set the horizontal distance (X) to 2in and the vertical distance (Y) to 0.

Select the object and press Ctrl d as many times as needed to fill out the row.

Change the Horizontal distance (X) to 0 and the Vertical distance (Y) to -2in (this will cause the duplicate to go downward.

Select the row and press Ctrl d until you have the desired number of duplicates.

Gary

I often duplicate images by dragging them to the required location then tap the right button on my mouse at the appropriate destination then keep on dragging and right-clicking until I had done all duplicates. To do this 12 times would not take long because Xara's redraw time is unbelievably fast.

To get the precise location I would switch on my rulers (CTRL-L) then form a grid using the guides (3 accross and 4 down).
    Hope this helps
    George

George, I'd do it that way too. If you hold down CTRL while doing your dragging, you'll only be 'allowed' to drag them in a straight line too.

For 3x4 copies I'd do the first two horizontally, then select all 3, copy vertically, select all 6 and copy them vertically again.

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Another handy tool is the alignment tool. Find it under the arrange menu. If you have a bunch of copies and you need them equal spaced use the alignment tool to sort rows of them neatly. If you group each of the sorted rows you can then use the alignment tool to equally space all those rows.

Xara allows you to do things many ways. Don't get overwhelmed thinking you have to learn all the different ways. Instead focus on learning the tools Xara offers and soon you'll find with them it will be easy to figure out simple ways to accomplish your graphic goals.

Gary Priester's website The XaraXone has an great online manual that will help you understand the capabilities of all the tools. The site also has countless tutorial projects all written in Gary's clear & concise manner.

Have Fun!

Regards, Ross

And yet another way:
    Create a rectangle the same size as your page.
    Select the required bitmap.
    Select Fill.
    Hold down Ctrl and drag fill handles.
    Egg
    http://www.xlwebdesign.co.uk/tg/fill.jpg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Nice technique Egg, but I suppose that works only with bitmaps.