Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Any ideas on where to buy XaraX? I tried the demo and LOVE it, but can't really afford the $149 price right now. I haven't found any on ebay, probably too new? Thanks for any advice on discount software places!!

Any ideas on where to buy XaraX? I tried the demo and LOVE it, but can't really afford the $149 price right now. I haven't found any on ebay, probably too new? Thanks for any advice on discount software places!!

Welcome to the Xara X Conference Sherrie.

You can buy Xara at xara.com. That is the only place it is officially sold.

I know it seems like a lot of money, but you not only get the greatest little vector application in the known universe, you get the greatest support right here from all the people from around the globe who contribute to this conference.

You might be able to get a student discount, if you are a student, or if you can score an old copy of Corel Xara on e-bay, then you can qualify for the upgrade price.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

When the man is right, the man is right.

If you've looked around for professional vector programs none are cheap.

And lets face it, once you have tried Xara none are as professional.

My 2 cents worth from the far side of the globe.

Turan

welcome and enjoy.

And here's another opinion,

though it's the same like the two above. Cough up the 149,- if you need a great, fast, reliable Vector Drawing Program that gives you every creative freedom you will ever need.

Does this sound like a commercial ??
    Probably, but as Gary said, you will not only get a superb program, but also this forum with a bunch of people, willing to help you ...

Wolfgang

... that Xara X WILL be the best bargain/deal/purchase that you will ever make!

It is a fantastic piece of software that not only comes with all kinds of goodies on two CD's; but also the XaraXone.com and Talkgraphics.com [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

NO, I do not work for Xara... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Risto

risto@ristoklint.com

Visit my web site!

I can only support the views above.

If you can get a student discount or upgrade or somehow come up with the money, do so.

This forum alone is worth the money!

THanks much for all your replies and the idea about the upgrade. I really think XaraX is worth the $149 because it is so wonderfully powerful, but I was comparing it to the price of a used copy of CorelDraw. I've used CorelDraw and really haven't liked it too well.

... that's why CD can be bought at a "discount".

Try this for a bargin.

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI...tem=1328199645

From the seller's page:

Corel Graphics Pack II - The Total Graphics Solution. Includes 3 CDROM set containing CorelXARA 1.5, Corel Photo-Paint 7, CoreFLOW 3, Corel Presentations 8, Corel Print House, Corel MOTION 3D, and Corel Capture. Also includes Corel Gallery Magic 200,000, which is an 8 CDROM set containing 105,000 Clipart images, 80,000 Professional Photos, and 15000 Web Images. All CDROMS are NEW and still factory sealed. 4 Manuals included are like new as well. All items are shown in picture, note that some jewel cases contain multiple CD's. Buyer to pay s&h based on shipping location and ~11-12lbs shipping weight. Checks, money orders, or paypal accepted. Sys req : Win95 or Win NT 4.0, 100MHZ Pentium, 16MB RAM, 256 VGA display.

You can then get the upgrade XARA X. After I lost my originl Corel Xara 1.5 CD, I found this package for about $89 from Corel several years ago. It is no longer in production by the way.

If the link does'nt work just do a search for:

Corel Graphics Pack II

Ich bin ein New Yorker
    "If you can do good, you should."
    W.K. Clark