Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Paste in place?

I have done an Illustration in Xara that needs splitting up and composositing with photographs and exporting as CMYK in Photoshop 7.
    I have quite a few layers all the same size as the final doc but my problem is that when I copy them into 'the shop' they are out of position. I have tried the manual but I can't for the life of me find how to paste in place. Does anyone know how to do this suspiciously simple thing???

Home sweet home:
    Http://www.squeakypics.co.uk
    http://www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/dc3/index.htm
    IP

I have done an Illustration in Xara that needs splitting up and composositing with photographs and exporting as CMYK in Photoshop 7.
    I have quite a few layers all the same size as the final doc but my problem is that when I copy them into 'the shop' they are out of position. I have tried the manual but I can't for the life of me find how to paste in place. Does anyone know how to do this suspiciously simple thing???

Home sweet home:
    IP

Say your page size in Xara is the final output size of 8.5 x 11. Just create registration marks on the base layer at this size, and if you're exporting in tiff (transparent) or eps, snag a set of these for every object you export, then line 'em up in PS. In Photoshop, create a one inch bleed all around your document with a finished size or 9.5 x12, then drag guides in one inch all around (finshed size). Mind your dpi, as you would naturally want to match your export dpi and your Photoshop document. Once you get your Xara object in, line it up with your guides, then just use the block eraser to erase the reg.marks.

I know it's a pain and maybe you'll come up with a better way eventually. I've done this quite often in the past for full colour flyers and brochures. Mainly for moulded text or effects that are more quickly and effectively done in Xara.

The image below is very basic, but I think (hope) you get the idea.

Good Luck
    Wayne
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Desktop.gif 
Views:	202 
Size:	5.8 KB 
ID:	11305  
    IP

Thanks. My work around is to export a reference layer with everything in place and then line up the individual elements on top of that.
    I just thought that is was such an obvious feature for the 'Shop' to have that I must be really stupid missing it.
    It seems not.

Huge Regards
    Dave

Home sweet home:
    IP

Your welcome Dave -
    IP