Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hi,

It has been more than a year now, since Xara
    released version 1.0c of XaraX - what's going
    to be in the NEXT version?

Is there any news from Xara? Anything about for
    instance support of SVG? Perhaps the only web
    based format that can beat Flash (for MANY reasons).

For instance SVG would open up a door for file
    sharing across many other vector based products.
    AND it would be possibel to generate dynamic graphics and do the last finish up in XaraX...

I for one is hoping this - as this is where my
    path goes: towards open standard graphics supported not only by W3C consordium, but also
    by for instance Adobe, IBM and many others...

Xara could focus on the great interface that
    XaraX offers (for instance speed) and then
    leave the format to others...

Please give me some reason to hang on to this
    great product - cause my boss will need it! (to
    let me continue to stay onto XaraX)...

By the way - it seems that Xara is commiting themselves to online WEB-SERVICES (for instance dynamic GIF/JPEG/PNG and SMS) - but why not allow
    for dynamic SVG web-service?

Enjoy yourselves...

(and have a go at www.adobe.com/svg!)
    Cheers,

Sten
    Cheers,

Sten
    "Everything has two sides"

Hi,

It has been more than a year now, since Xara
    released version 1.0c of XaraX - what's going
    to be in the NEXT version?

Is there any news from Xara? Anything about for
    instance support of SVG? Perhaps the only web
    based format that can beat Flash (for MANY reasons).

For instance SVG would open up a door for file
    sharing across many other vector based products.
    AND it would be possibel to generate dynamic graphics and do the last finish up in XaraX...

I for one is hoping this - as this is where my
    path goes: towards open standard graphics supported not only by W3C consordium, but also
    by for instance Adobe, IBM and many others...

Xara could focus on the great interface that
    XaraX offers (for instance speed) and then
    leave the format to others...

Please give me some reason to hang on to this
    great product - cause my boss will need it! (to
    let me continue to stay onto XaraX)...

By the way - it seems that Xara is commiting themselves to online WEB-SERVICES (for instance dynamic GIF/JPEG/PNG and SMS) - but why not allow
    for dynamic SVG web-service?

Enjoy yourselves...

(and have a go at www.adobe.com/svg!)
    Cheers,

Sten
    Cheers,

Sten
    "Everything has two sides"

Yes, the TOTAL silence from Xara Ltd., with NO news, no point upgrades, etc., is very disconcerting. It gets people worried if this program has a future and if it's worth it to invest time and energy in learning and deploying it in businesses.

K
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/
    www.klausnordby.com/xara
    K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

It sometimes feels as if their customers are totally ignored and that is getting on my nerves sometimes, knowing how enthusiastic all Xara X users are and how they like to discuss one of their favorite program in such a friendly atmosphere, in such a tight community.
    Like you said Netsi, it's is frustrating if you don't know what Xara's plans are for the future. With all that silence, one really start to worry. Maybe Gary as a respected designer and Xara X user could get in contact with Xara X and ask them to shine a light on this one.

... I'm waiting for Xara MX... oooops ! Sorry, XaraX is not a Macromedia product [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] (BTW XiNaMP would be a perfect name for a linux version of Xara:-)

OK, i stop joking...

Humour is a good thing, but that not cure me for the need to know where i go with Xara. We ALL need information, and we all expect people at Xara to be as good as their best product is.
    I want to believe that having no information is an information meaning they're working too hard to look at us, outside the window. But i know it's not a good reason. In fact it's more a bad one : how could they make a good job staying in theyr tower ?

I'm full of hope and wishes for Xara, but i'm human also, and less news mean more worrying for me ;-)

Please, Xara Ltd., give us news !

I suggest you all send emails expressing your concern regarding Xara's total silence to both Mark Goodall, the Project Manager and Kate Moir, the Marketing Director. A few dozen emails might wake them up!

Here are their emails:

markg@xara.com
    kate@xara.com

But they're nice, overworked people, so be nice to them!

K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara
    K
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)

Yes i agree with all of you, why Xara does not tell us about upgrade or anything about any of there products, Will XaraX in coming version supports to export SWF Vector animation?
    Also is Xara3D will export SWF?

Like these kind of questions...

i am enjoying XaraX more and more, but i do not want to come to the stage where XaraX stops all the sudden, just like many many good graphics application that stops with out any notice. Hope Not, I voted for XaraX in www.About.com for illustrator Application

XaraX give the users more attention.

good idea with the E-mails.

Yes, let's all express our concerns.

I'm already writing mines [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I have been hinting in various threads for about a year now for information of an upgrade, Xara improvements and what not. All we ever get back is "there are no plans in the near future for Xara to be upgraded" or something to that effect. It's frustrating and DOES make you wonder. But at the same time for XaraX to be leading in the about.com poll and seeminly doing well, why then are they (Xara Ltd.) withholding information about a future upgrade or patch or something??

One point that I do agree on in regards to patches and upgrades is that programs that put out patch after patch or upgrade too frequently usually is an indication that there are too many bugs. But XaraX has not been all that buggy but there are some. Brushes for quite a few of us crash the software and then that will take all the work with it instead of an automatic back up of the file, and if you don't know how to do the "registry" thing then it's sure to hit you hard, esp. when you have been plugging away at something for hours then it's gone!! Newbies are not aware of these kinds of things and it's not very pleasant to have this happen and wonder if this is something that you can deal with.

There are many other improvements that have been discussed by both moderators and users alike and it seems to me that Xara must have some inkling that there is a clamour for some fixes and improvements.

RAMWolff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Forget what I said about being nice! Let's blitzkrieg Mark and Kate, and demand some more news!

K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara
    K