Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Cinema 4D file?

I'm considering buying MatchMover from Realviz for a project I'm working on where I may have to match 3D models into a moving video camera aerial footage. MatchMover seems to be able to do the job, although at a pretty stiff price. Unfortunately it doesn't output a file directly usable in my favourite 3D app, trueSpace.
    The options are to either write a plugin that can create a trueSpace camera from the exported MM data, or to use one of the export file formats.
    As it can output in C4D format, as well as Maya, LW, Max etc I was hoping that some of the members here that are using C4D (or LW or Maya?) could give me a helping hand.
    Could you please mail me a small scene with 3 simple cubes standing on the ground, and with a camera flying around between them, like an airplane.
    Then I could use Deep Exploration to see if it can successfully convert the scene (in particular the camera) to trueSpace format.
    That way I could hopefully avoid having to invest in another 3D app (although I may buy C4D's Adobe special or Maya anyway..).

bjornkn@online.no

I'm considering buying MatchMover from Realviz for a project I'm working on where I may have to match 3D models into a moving video camera aerial footage. MatchMover seems to be able to do the job, although at a pretty stiff price. Unfortunately it doesn't output a file directly usable in my favourite 3D app, trueSpace.
    The options are to either write a plugin that can create a trueSpace camera from the exported MM data, or to use one of the export file formats.
    As it can output in C4D format, as well as Maya, LW, Max etc I was hoping that some of the members here that are using C4D (or LW or Maya?) could give me a helping hand.
    Could you please mail me a small scene with 3 simple cubes standing on the ground, and with a camera flying around between them, like an airplane.
    Then I could use Deep Exploration to see if it can successfully convert the scene (in particular the camera) to trueSpace format.
    That way I could hopefully avoid having to invest in another 3D app (although I may buy C4D's Adobe special or Maya anyway..).

bjornkn@online.no

Hi

I think After effects production bundle can also do camera tracking [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Stu.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kiwi:
    I think After effects production bundle can also do camera tracking [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Stu.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Thanks for the tip.
    I checked it out, but it doesn't look like it will do what I had in mind. It does have Motion Control, which seems to be some sort of automatic perspective distorted overlays, related to the background frames.
    There's also the 3D pack, but it doesn't seem to be doing what I want neither.
    What I want is to use video as background in a 3D animation. I will make 3D buildings that will be placed into the landscape. The video will be shot from an airplane flying towards and past the area where "my" new buildings will be built. To prevent these 3D models to fly around in the final composited video I need to extract the camera motion, zoom etc directly from the video.
    MatchMover can do this.
    The problem is that I don't own a 3D app that can use that camera data directly. But I do have several 3D format converters that may be able to convert into my trueSpace format. But I don't have access to any C4D, Maya or Lightwave files with a moving camera in them.
    AFAIK you're a C4D user, Stu?
    What if you mailed me a very simple scene with a moving/flying camera?

Yep I use C4D.

I am not hugely familiar with the ani tools,but I suppose I can give it a whirl [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Stu.

I would be willing to do it in Lightwave, however, LW doesn't save objects with its' scene files. So I'd have to send you a scene file and object files for the "boxes". If you'd like me to do this, it's a fairly simple matter to fly a camera around. Let me know if you want a texture on the boxes, number of lights, etc. or if it doesn't matter, it'll take me about 5 minutes to whip out the scene.

Let me know,
    Brett

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Brett H:
    I would be willing to do it in Lightwave, however, LW doesn't save objects with its' scene files. So I'd have to send you a scene file _and_ object files for the "boxes". If you'd like me to do this, it's a fairly simple matter to fly a camera around. Let me know if you want a texture on the boxes, number of lights, etc. or if it doesn't matter, it'll take me about 5 minutes to whip out the scene.

Let me know,
    Brett<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, that would be nice [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    Unfortunately the C4D file I got did not convert successfully in Deep Exploration.
    trueSpace can import LW directly, but not the latest version(s) AFAIK. But maybe Deep Exploration could do the conversion?