Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I was using XaraX on my Dell Computer with Windows 98 SE and everything part of anti-aliasing and transparent backgrounds worked fine. I have owned Xara since 1.0 and understand it fully.

However, now I have Windows ME as an operating system and the transparent background feature doesn't work. I downloaded a patch, but it still doesn't work. I have contact Xara support, but they don't even answer my e-mails, though I am a registered user.

Any help?

I am also worried that with Windows XP it won't work either. I have re-installed it several times (with uninstall!) and it still doesn't work.

Thanks!
    IP

I was using XaraX on my Dell Computer with Windows 98 SE and everything part of anti-aliasing and transparent backgrounds worked fine. I have owned Xara since 1.0 and understand it fully.

However, now I have Windows ME as an operating system and the transparent background feature doesn't work. I downloaded a patch, but it still doesn't work. I have contact Xara support, but they don't even answer my e-mails, though I am a registered user.

Any help?

I am also worried that with Windows XP it won't work either. I have re-installed it several times (with uninstall!) and it still doesn't work.

Thanks!
    IP

Hi Netspotz,

I'm running Windows ME and have no problems with gifs and transparency. Using version 1.0d CD.

Soquili
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

I just went in again and tried to export a .gif with a transparent background.

1.) I drew an ellipse.
    2.) I imported a brown texture.
    3.) I made the texture larger than the ellipse.
    4.) I selected the ellipse.
    5.) I exported.
    6.) In the preview box, even though the transparency button is selected, the brown textured background still shows.

This is a BUG--BIGTIME!

As I said, I am running Windows ME and Xara won't respond.
    IP

I also forgot to say that according to "About," I am running 1.0b CD.
    IP

There is small Xara patch 2.2 that fixes known issues with the CD versions of 1.b and 1.c

http://www.xara.com/downloads/xarax/xpatch2_2.asp

Do you have it installed?

Risto

diri@videotron.ca
    IP

Thanks, but it says that if I have already downloaded the previous patch, then it is useless to download this one. I have already downloaded the previous patch.

Therefore, since the above user says that he doesn't have any trouble with 1.0d, I sent an e-mail to Xara today to ask if the latest CD is 1.0d.

So far, no response.

I'll wait.
    IP

Hi Netspotz,

The patch available on the page Risto posted is for the version 2.2 patch. You have Xara X version 1.0b which indicates you previously downloaded the version 1.0 patch. The version 2.2 patch will upgrade Xara X version 1.0b or 1.0c to version 1.0d. The note about the previous patch refers to the version 2.1 patch, which also upgrades version 1.0b and 1.0c to version 1.0d.

Perhaps this post about the patch will clarify the patch question.

Soquili
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

The 2.2 patch worked flawlessly. Apparently the earlier patch I used didn't work...???

Anyway, how do I remove this topic now that the problem is solved or does our revered moderator do that for us?
    IP

Instead of removing the topic, which has provided useful information, why don't I just close it from further comment?

OK, then, I'll do that.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://home.earthlink.net/~garypriester">
    Be it ever so humble...</a>

http://www.thuntek.net/gwp/flag.jpg
    IP