Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: change color

i would like to change the color of this picture:
    PICTURE!

the "yellow"-one should change to red

the dark-blue should change to dark-red

Thanx, gnu_41
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screenshot.gif 
Views:	274 
Size:	22.2 KB 
ID:	831  
    IP

i would like to change the color of this picture:
    PICTURE!

the "yellow"-one should change to red

the dark-blue should change to dark-red

Thanx, gnu_41
    IP

Welcome to you also, Gnu41!
    There are a couple of ways you can change the colors in your graphic...one would be to use the lasso selection tool and enclose the area you want to change and flood fill with the color of your choice. The other would be to use the color replacer tool. I haven't used it that often so I can't give you the steps to take right off the top of my head, but Sandancer is quite proficient in laying out the steps to take to achieve certain effects in PSP. Maybe she will check in soon and help you out.
    Have a good one,
    Carolyn
    IP

Wilmington, NC USA and Daejeon, South Korea

Hi Gnu....welcome to the forum. I would use the color replacer tool. It is the red/blue tool about halfway down the panel.

Before selecting the tool, click on the existing color you want to change with the eye dropper. Move that color to the bottom position on the color box. For the forground or top position...choose the color you want it to be.

Enlarge your graphic, click on the color replacement tool and run it over the color you want to change. Like magic....it will replace the color. If there are any stray pixels...you can either paint them out by hand, or repeat the color selection process for the those pixels.

Hope that helps!

Joelle

The sandcastles of our lives are nothing when compared to the tides of our destinies.
    Joelle

The sandcastles of our lives are nothing when compared to the tides of our destinies.
    IP

but I really want to (I feel so dumb). OK, one selects the colour and puts it at the bottom of the colour panel...but no, it's crossed out and I just can't put the colour there. Would a screen grab help? or is it obvious? thanx

Jon
    Jon
    IP

Hey Jon, I will try to put up a screenshot of what Joelle means later this evening...on my way to work right now!
    Have a good day everyone!
    Carolyn
    IP

Carolyn, I really appreciate it. As I said, the box at the bottom seems not to want to let me put anything there and it is just greyed out.

Jon
    Jon
    IP

I hope this will solve your problem Jon...if not just let us know and we will see what else might be the problem.

Carolyn

I don't know what the heck is going on, but the attachment ended up in the first post. Sorry Gnu for posting over the picture you had there. Weird!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    IP

Wilmington, NC USA and Daejeon, South Korea

Sorry, Jon...I just got back to the board and didn't see your question. I hope Carolyn's graphic helped...if not let us know and I'll try to post something more this evening.

I have been totally buried in a Flash site for a client... amazing how that program can make one feel like a complete dweeb and blooming idiot!....so haven't been checking the board as often as I should be.

Joelle

Joelle

IP

with your help, I cracked it, sort of. The steps were a little more involved to make it work, and it's not quite what I wanted (don't know about Gnu, though!), as explained below.

The dropper is dragged to the bottom box.

NEXT one has to switch to the selection tool and vary the top colour, using the arrow.

THEN one changes to the colourchanger tool and paints the new colour.

So, it's a bit more involved, but at least it works, and I'm grateful to you for getting me that far.

As a sad individual, I was expecting a sudden piece of magic, equivalent to running a filter, say, but one must do something, like the painting action.

Ah, well, it is something, which I'm sure will be useful. UltimatePaint has a lovely colour change filter, which I've recommended be sold separately

Jon
    Jon
    IP