Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

First off, I apologize for the large size of the attachment, but if I try to shrink it down it becomes illegible.

Here's another example of a business world application for Xara. Yesterday, I had to list all the files that were being accessed by an Oracle program on my PC. The list box for the file was not big enough to show all the files and it takes three separate screens before all the files have been displayed. The other analyst simply did a screenshot of the three screens and pasted them into a Word document. Rather clumsy.

I did a screenshot of each window, pasted it into Xara, converted to editable shapes, and dragged the top/bottom-two nodes up/down to show just the list of files. Each of the three screenshots were then aligned with each other and bumped together to represent one large screen.

Since I had to do a before/after comparison, I did the same thing twice but then applied a yellow box with stained glass transparency over the files that had changes.

Attached it what I sent the technical team for their review. I think it's much better than a Word document with three separate screen shots.

.joroho.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OSA.gif 
Views:	214 
Size:	70.9 KB 
ID:	10428  
    Wise men still seek Him.

First off, I apologize for the large size of the attachment, but if I try to shrink it down it becomes illegible.

Here's another example of a business world application for Xara. Yesterday, I had to list all the files that were being accessed by an Oracle program on my PC. The list box for the file was not big enough to show all the files and it takes three separate screens before all the files have been displayed. The other analyst simply did a screenshot of the three screens and pasted them into a Word document. Rather clumsy.

I did a screenshot of each window, pasted it into Xara, converted to editable shapes, and dragged the top/bottom-two nodes up/down to show just the list of files. Each of the three screenshots were then aligned with each other and bumped together to represent one large screen.

Since I had to do a before/after comparison, I did the same thing twice but then applied a yellow box with stained glass transparency over the files that had changes.

Attached it what I sent the technical team for their review. I think it's much better than a Word document with three separate screen shots.

.joroho.
    Wise men still seek Him.

Isn't it amazing all the uses we can find for our little Xara "art" package. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Mickie