Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

i do have a picture with about 5999 objects (xara cant count more?) but, working is no problem.
    Because of btimap tracing there are only 9 different colors. if i go to the name gallery and try to select one color ... i can have dinner ...
    i takes ~8 minutes with 100 % CPU usung.
    Only selecting colors.
    is that normal?

so it is nearly unpossible to use the name gallery here....
    :-(
    rs

i do have a picture with about 5999 objects (xara cant count more?) but, working is no problem.
    Because of btimap tracing there are only 9 different colors. if i go to the name gallery and try to select one color ... i can have dinner ...
    i takes ~8 minutes with 100 % CPU usung.
    Only selecting colors.
    is that normal?

so it is nearly unpossible to use the name gallery here....
    :-(
    rs

There's a definite bug that sometimes occurs with the name gallery and thousands of shapes. Fortunately it only effects the name gallery and not the colour gallery, so if you want to just change one set of shapes colours it's best to do this in the colour gallery. However if you want to select a set of colours and move them to another layer, you can only do this via the name gallery.
    Don't know if theres a finite number of shapes, I'll have to do some experimenting.
    Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I just sent a "bug" into Xara support concerning what appears to be rooted in the Names feature and perhaps Layers as well.

I believe there may be a limit of some sort as to the total number of objects which can accept a specific Name, or perhaps it is the total number of objects in a file that are named.

I had created a template file in which several objects where given the same name. After a certain point of assigning one Name to several objects, then moving or copying those objects to a new layer (using the buttons in the Layer Gallery), I found that selecting an object with the selection tool and trying to reposition it caused ALL objects with the same name to be selected and moved.

Sometimes merely assigning a Name to objects via the Name Gallery seems to cause the same problem. I am guessing it because a certain limit has been reached.

... , so if you want to just change one set of shapes colours it's best to do this in the colour gallery. ...

yes, this did work fine. thx!
    anyway, you just always have to remind, of thinking
    to do this work with ~6000 objects with corel draw.

Well, this bug is nothing against the big bug of other software.

keep smiling.
    rs