Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Dreamweaver and web design

i have already read the dummies
    any suggestions for further read?
    please help me
    i am looking for a full time employment in the sector and want to be left behind!

Default Re: Dreamweaver and web design

Depends on what you want,
    If you want to learn more about webdesign I suggest you try making a few pages on your own, browse through other pages and look for stuff you find cool, solutions you maybe haven't seen before.
    You could also read through pages like www.w3schools.com to learn different web-programming languages, but you'll never learn as much as you will by trying it out.
    If you're looking for more stuff on Dreamweaver then I'm not really the one to help you, due to the fact that I've never tested that program, but you could browse the net for Dreamweaver tutorials...

PS.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOPE7
    i am looking for a full time employment in the sector and want to be left behind!
    Supposing you meant to say:
    "i am looking for a full time employment in the sector and DON'T want to be left behind!"

Hi Hope7. Dreamweaver has a pretty big learning curve.

Will you use it for Design or Development? It's a powerful application for both.

I would suggest a visit to a local library. Depending on your location, they may have quite a few books you can learn from.

If you have any specific questions, we're more than happy to help.

Best of luck!

Red

Big Plan Creative - Napoleon had one . . . Einstein had one . . . Do you have one?

Hope,

Dreamweaver is the Cadillac of webpage tools, but as mentioned before, it´s pretty hard to get a handle on at first. There are online videos available at http://www.lynda.com but they´re pretty expensive, I think. Also, The Dreamweaver Bible, by Joseph Lowery, is well worth the price as a reference.

A suggestion: before getting into Dreamweaver, try your hand a some handcoding so that you can understand what you´re doing and why. Check out the info at the site mentioned above. It´s free and thorough.

Used to use Dreamweaver exclusively. I don´t anymore because they won´t sell it to me--US credit card, Argentine ISP

Good luck!

Hope don't despair and give yourself a fortnight of using the software. Build a site and upload it and see if you can get it to work fully, Dreamweaver is used by so many people that the net is full of folk giving info so if you get stuck do a search and the programme itself is full of help. If I can use, it so can you, with a little work, as I started the same way as you reading the same book so start simple get your site running and then find out about all the other things like Style Sheets and Java but you're a long way off for it to become a full time job so take a bit at a time.
    Design is thinking made visual.