Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Swoosh!

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

The attached image was quickly developed by combining Xara with a bitmap created in Terragen - the great freeware/shareware terrain generator. (Registering it allows creation of larger images). My seven-year-old son actually did the modeling in Terragen. (He enjoys creating in it and I like him doing that kind of stuff vs. playing video games). I fiddled with the sky/sun settings to get the sunset look.

I find Terragen great to use with Xara. Terragen is particularly good at creating skys for use in Xara illustrations. For instance, the sky I used in my recent "pretentious" image was created in the program. For that one I didn't model any terrain - so the image created was just a flat plain and a sky.

Check out Terragen. I'm sure you'll see lots of potential for your Xara creations...

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	swoosh.jpg 
Views:	354 
Size:	35.4 KB 
ID:	8162  

The attached image was quickly developed by combining Xara with a bitmap created in Terragen - the great freeware/shareware terrain generator. (Registering it allows creation of larger images). My seven-year-old son actually did the modeling in Terragen. (He enjoys creating in it and I like him doing that kind of stuff vs. playing video games). I fiddled with the sky/sun settings to get the sunset look.

I find Terragen great to use with Xara. Terragen is particularly good at creating skys for use in Xara illustrations. For instance, the sky I used in my recent "pretentious" image was created in the program. For that one I didn't model any terrain - so the image created was just a flat plain and a sky.

Check out Terragen. I'm sure you'll see lots of potential for your Xara creations...

Regards, Ross

Great image Ross. I was interested in the "swoosh tail", so I thought I'd try one myself. Here's my effort.
    Egg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	!!!!!!!!!!!!!3ross_swoosh.jpg 
Views:	338 
Size:	11.0 KB 
ID:	9208  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Looks good Eggman! I had wondered about the crispness of my swoosh. I had thought of it being like time exposure photos showing the path of a moving light. I don't know how crisp such pics actually are...

The version I thought could be develop next would have the foreground swoop comprised of tiny star-like particles. Sort of like pixie-dust. Perhaps a pixie-dust brush is a possibility vs. drawing all the little stars.

Regards, Ross

Cool images guys. With either variety of swoosh.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://home.earthlink.net/~garypriester">
    Be it ever so humble...</a>