Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

...it's never late for to express condolences.

W

Wilmington, NC USA and Daejeon, South Korea

when Bob died. I have hours and hours of tapes of his show and that of the other fellow, whose name I cannot remember. I know he was German, and now lives (or lived) in the woods somewhere near Vancouver. Bob Ross was one of his protoge's, but broke off to form his own company.

Both inspired a great many people to unleash their artistic sides...including me. Mountains and water I can do with a flick of the palette knife...but my trees and bushes never came close.

The point is I tried....and I would never have even thought of it, without the inspiration and encouragement from both these gentlemen. They made one believe that anything was possible.

Joelle

The sandcastles of our lives are nothing when compared to the tides of our destinies.
    Joelle

The sandcastles of our lives are nothing when compared to the tides of our destinies.

Funny he's being talkead about a lot recently. I remeber watching him as a kid in the UK and being amazed at what he did. Bizarrely his show is now being run on local TV here in Amsterdam and it has great charm. "Real" artists often knock him but he certainly knew his craft and his presentation is the TV equivalent of prozac.

And the hair!

<font face="dom casual, verdana>James</font>

<font face="dom casual, verdana>James</font>

Used to watch him on Sunday afternoons. It always made me smile when he said something like, "Let's put a happy little tree right here."

I remember:
    "trees should have friends too"
    "let's do a little cabinectomy"
    "I think we should put a BiiiiG tree here...in fact let's make it two!"
    "everybody should have a friend, even a mountain"
    a few swipes of his fan brush
    "...and there we have an instant waterfall"

anymore sayings?

eric
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Eric,
    I didn't know Bob had died. His TV show still runs here in Mississippi on Educational TV channel every Saturday. He is a good example of a master who could create something complicated and make it look so simple to accomplish. I also didn't know that was known world wide. A great inspiration to those of us who aspire to create visual beauty.
    Ken Broome