Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Phase II on the Sports Quest project is a Web site template of which I have just posted 5 designs (all graphics created entirely in Xara--but then you knew that already :-) All the image slices were done in Xara using transparent rectangles over the slice areas and then assembled in NetObjects Fusion.

Sports Quest Site Designs

Your comments are always welcome.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<A HREF="http://www.gwpriester.com" TARGET=_blank>
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

[This message was edited by Gary W. Priester on April 17, 2002 at 15:58.]

Phase II on the Sports Quest project is a Web site template of which I have just posted 5 designs (all graphics created entirely in Xara--but then you knew that already :-) All the image slices were done in Xara using transparent rectangles over the slice areas and then assembled in NetObjects Fusion.

Sports Quest Site Designs

Your comments are always welcome.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

[This message was edited by Gary W. Priester on April 17, 2002 at 15:58.]

My favs were #4 and #5. I liked the added images which showed the examples of types of awards. The glass buttons on #4 are cool, but #5 works really well and I especially like the large logo image...so I guess I'd pick #5 since it has both things going. Great stuff!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    ---As The Crow Flies!---
    Maya
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

I was just frantically making changes to design 5 which had a typo in the text Laser Engraved Plaques (it said --much to my embarrassment--Laser Engraced Plaques!)

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

knew you'd discover it soon!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Sorta sounded like a new terminology [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] !
    ---As The Crow Flies!---
    Maya
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

I like #5 the best with two things stolen from #4. Using the circles in place of the squares, with every other one dropped down by half. The shadow at mouseover is great and use that effect when the text appears at mouseover. The medal change is a clever attraction

Both # 4 and 5 make it irrestible for the visitor not to investigate all the various types offered. Excellent layout and great choices for pictures.
    Phil

Hi Gary,

All are great but my favorite is #2.

Oh, BTW take a look at #5 and the mouse over for the Laser Engraved Plaques image at the top of the page. When you leave the image the page does not revert to the pre-mouse over state.

Soquili
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

I like #3 the best, because of the simplicity/class and very nice rollover effects.
    Very clean look, and not so cluttered as the others.

I also like #4, because of the sumptious gold look of the navigation panel. However, I don't like the circular navigation images, and would prefer to see the Sport's Quest logo instead on the home page. The button text looks odd on my monitor, like the l's and i's are white, while the other letters are gold.

I think the images of the different products would work OK if they were large enough and clear enough to see what they are.

What I'd like to see, would be #4 with the
    sunken-type buttons of #1, so that the entire panel is gold.

I copied the color you used for the gold, so I could try it myself!

My 2 cents.

Dale

Why, I’m afraid I can’t explain myself, sir, because I’m not myself, you know...
    - Lewis Carroll

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I copied the color you used for the gold, so I could try it myself! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dale - Good suggestions (Soquili and Maya too). The gold color does not look that great when you see it as a small swatch but it seems to be very convincing at that size.

It is much cooler than I would normally use but I am very happy the way it turned out.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

I like #1 and #3 the best.

#2 looks like somebody's canned template. Don't know why, maybe I've seen something similar before.

The images in #4 seemed a little "muddy."

I also had problems with #5. While mouseovering (yuk!) I can create the mess below by dragging the cursor down. BTW, I'm using IE 6.01, Win98SE, NVIDIA, and a Bridgeport India Pale Ale.

Al Kolka
    alkolka@attbi.com
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sq5.gif 
Views:	670 
Size:	43.8 KB 
ID:	12216