Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Here is the info that I was trying to tell you about. It's a Registry change that will cause XaraX to back up all files upon exiting.

It was infomation given by Alex W, quoted by John S. Clements:

"if you're willing to muddle in the windows registry, there is an option that will backup your previous copy (to filename.bak) everytime you save: HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareXaraXaraXVersion 3.0OptionsFilters Change "MakeBakFiles" from 0 to 1".

To do this open up the Run dialog type in either regedt or regedt32 hit the OK button and the registry will be invoked and then just browse to the area that is mentioned above. Go from there. It DOES work!!!

Here is a link to the original discussion thread:

Xara Backup (.bak) Registry Entry

Silly me, it was just a simple find by doing a Search for "registry" and there is was!!!

Hope this helps you and others that are wondering what the heck I was trying to get at in your thread: Two days lost work................

Have a nice day [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

[This message was edited by RAMWolff on May 16, 2002 at 11:13.]
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Here is the info that I was trying to tell you about. It's a Registry change that will cause XaraX to back up all files upon exiting.

It was infomation given by Alex W, quoted by John S. Clements:

"if you're willing to muddle in the windows registry, there is an option that will backup your previous copy (to filename.bak) everytime you save: HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareXaraXaraXVersion 3.0OptionsFilters Change "MakeBakFiles" from 0 to 1".

To do this open up the Run dialog type in either regedt or regedt32 hit the OK button and the registry will be invoked and then just browse to the area that is mentioned above. Go from there. It DOES work!!!

Here is a link to the original discussion thread:

Xara Backup (.bak) Registry Entry

Silly me, it was just a simple find by doing a Search for "registry" and there is was!!!

Hope this helps you and others that are wondering what the heck I was trying to get at in your thread: Two days lost work................

Have a nice day [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

[This message was edited by RAMWolff on May 16, 2002 at 11:13.]
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

.....really nice of you to take so much trouble. Will give it a go after the weekend. Much appreciated and thanks again - Penny