Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hay everybody...I agree with "Bob .C's" topic and decided to show off how the two awesome programs can work together and deliver quality results...

My site, I have just created, has just been posted.

http://www.DalzDesigns.com Be sure to send me your comments either on this topic or just a quick email.

You guy's rock and thanks for pushing/promoting these two programs. Bob C...

I love 'em both!

Hay everybody...I agree with "Bob .C's" topic and decided to show off how the two awesome programs can work together and deliver quality results...

My site, I have just created, has just been posted.

http://www.DalzDesigns.com Be sure to send me your comments either on this topic or just a quick email.

You guy's rock and thanks for pushing/promoting these two programs. Bob C...

I love 'em both!

Fun, mini site, Dan! :-)

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<A HREF="http://www.gwpriester.com" TARGET=_blank>
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

Compact and well thought out. The fine text is next to impossible to read, however.

I would think combining the amazing vector and animation abilities in Xara with the ability to save those animation's as .swf files (sound files etc.) would make for a truly "Killer ap"!

Perhaps next year?

Bob C.

I love the menu. It's not obtrusive and it is totally well designed. I got eye sight problems but I CAN read the font, even with my monitor set at 1024 X 768, I've run accross worse. Like when I was runned Linux, what a mess that OS has with it's fonts. At least this is readable, but it COULD be a bit larger. or how about using a lighter blue, doesn't have to be baby blue, but something that has a litte more "light" in it would make it easier to read.

LOVE IT, Love It, love it!!!

RAMWolff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

"That's one nice Mine-Site.............."
    should read: "That's one nice Miny-Site"

"runned Linux" should have read "running Linux"

Any way....had a question. If I were to order this wonderful little application, would I be able to import any of the creations into Fusion MX or not???

I saw a couple of the flash ideas and all of a sudden RAMWolff's Den came to life in my head. I would need to create a flash "splash page" that would end with an "Enter" box somewhere at the end of the animation to take you into the site itself. Can this be done??

I have Corel Rave and the learning curve seems to be a little high for my patience level right now. I am learning XaraX and Fusion MX so I would want something that has a low learning curve. They tout this on the KoolMoves site. True??

So what do you think?? Worth the investment?? Can I export a flash made with KoolMoves into Fusion MX?? Or will KoolMoves write the HTML that I can add to the site myself??

Thanks so much

RAMWolff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

You wrote...
    "So what do you think?? Worth the investment?? Can I export a flash made with KoolMoves into Fusion MX?? Or will KoolMoves write the HTML that I can add to the site myself??"

I won't claim I know everything about programs or what not... Um,i'm only 16 years old and haven't had my hand at many,many programs... to be honest I've never used anything else but Xara, Photoshop, ye olde MSPaint.exe, Flash and Xara3d...

I might as well be asking the question to yourself...

Sorry buddy, please if you find about anyone of the other programs drop us a line...

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Your mate... Dan

RAMwolff

I've just had a look at the help file in Netobjects MX and you can certainly import shockwave files (.swf) into MX. Just check out the help file. Providing KoolMoves exports/produces these same format files without too much difference I would think MX should bring 'em in. There are also a number of other third-party programs you could try. For example, there is Insane Flash which LOOKS impressive and I believe has received awards from the PC press in the UK. There are also a couple of other but I'll have to look through my Internet Mags to find what they are and where to find them - to find Insane Flash just enter it into Google. Will come when I've got more info.

I've never tried it but inserting HTML into MX pages is something I tend to treat with caution. After all, what happens when you re-create the file on Publishing your site afterwards. I have always assumed (a dangerous process in many instances) that the HTML you insert is overwritten. Perhaps Gary could put us both right in this instance. How's about it Gary? Does Netobjects overwrite HTML inserted manually when you Publish - or have you never tried it? Please come back to us on it.

I suppose another option would be to create a test page and try it - see what happens without destroying any precious data!

Tracey

KoolMoves does export as .swf files and plays with the MM Flash player. That's what I did when I posted the topic "Xara/Flash - Combo I've found and now tested" in the Xara X forum a few days ago.

I have never used Fusion MX but if it works with MM Flash player I would think it is very compatible!

I found using KoolMoves very easy especially after spending time learning my way around Xara - both are vector based.

KoolMoves can also create its own HTML page to post directly on the Web. I have not done that yet but have seen much discussion about it!

If you go to the URL below you can talk to the author directly, his name is Bob Hartzell! It points to a Flashkit forum like this one but for KoolMoves...its like talking directly to the Xara Ltd. people!

http://board.flashkit.com/board/foru...php?forumid=24

If you look at the KoolMoves Home page you will find another Forum there as well.

But remember its only $35 US and you can down load a free trial version of KoolMoves there too for unlimited time.

It allows you to export your Flash creations but puts a water mark on the page and once you quit the program the files cannot be saved but your exported movie (or what ever you made) is saved as an exported .swf file.

Hope that helps!

Bob C.

P.S. I just saw: A link to a rating in PC Magazine - it got 5 Stars and "best of the bunch" and this was for version 2.71 it is now at 2.80.3

http://www.pcmag.com/article/0,2997,...3D20734,00.asp

[This message was edited by Bob C. on January 19, 2002 at 09:08.]