Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Every time I contact Ulead TS re CMS they either ignore me or quote the HELP file so your help is MUCH appreciated.

Using 4 images from http://www.color.org/version4html.html
    I found that these apps support these ICC profiles:
    XP Pic & Fax Viewer v2
    XP Explorer v2+v4
    IE6 NONE
    PI8 NONE
    PX7 thumbnails v2+v4
    Preview NONE
    Instant Viewer NONE

It seems odd that PI8 can do 'soft-proofing' & has a CMS setup but ignores getting the correct image colors to begin with!!

I questioned these results cause I thought all MS OS's ignored CMS yet W Explorer thumbnails show all 4 images correctly. If some1 could verify what I found it would be a great help.

Comments/suggestions/corrections appreciated.
    Your help is MUCH appreciated. Thanks- bye- Larry
    IP

Every time I contact Ulead TS re CMS they either ignore me or quote the HELP file so your help is MUCH appreciated.

Using 4 images from http://www.color.org/version4html.html
    I found that these apps support these ICC profiles:
    XP Pic & Fax Viewer v2
    XP Explorer v2+v4
    IE6 NONE
    PI8 NONE
    PX7 thumbnails v2+v4
    Preview NONE
    Instant Viewer NONE

It seems odd that PI8 can do 'soft-proofing' & has a CMS setup but ignores getting the correct image colors to begin with!!

I questioned these results cause I thought all MS OS's ignored CMS yet W Explorer thumbnails show all 4 images correctly. If some1 could verify what I found it would be a great help.

Your help is MUCH appreciated. Thanks- bye- Larry
    IP

I resized the upper right quadrant by 300% which PI8 seemed to do correctly. Namely, it appears the same as the original in all viewers.

I then painted a circle with 1/2 (0,0,0) & 1/2 (239,239,239) onto the green sky (116,200,82) but in XP Explorer thumbnail shows green, black, & white as shades of blue (47,126,254).

So I took the rock color (184,102,150) & again painted it on the sky. That also did not appear in XP Explorer's thumbnails even tho the mountain does.

Conclusion: PI8 may handle physical changes OK but it does NOT handle color operations correctly.

Thanks- Larry
    IP

Ulead TS (Ca) responds with my notes in []'s:
    ServiceID: 264585 -*- Date:Friday, July 30, 2004 11:56:15 AM {GMT+08:00} -*-

Sorry for the inconvenience. It seems that the ICC profile is not yet supported because PhotoImpact has its own[?] color management which [using ICC profiles] matches colors generated by input devices[no - that's my complaint] to those generated by output devices, ensuring consistency in color. To enable color management, please go to File > Preferences > Color Management.

Please be informed we have also forwarded this matters to the R&D department [hopefully they'll know more] for proper assessment and implementation. We will keep you posted for any developments regarding this issue or you may visit our website regularly for any updates.

Best regards,
    -Rodel Villasenor [I think CMS et al is beyond anyone's abilities at this support level]
    IP