Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

How do you get a button rollover sequence in Flash MX where the following occurs:

1. Let's say you have a light blue rectangle with some text on it sitting on a white background.

2. As a mouse scrolls over the button, the rectangle first changes to a darker blue, and THEN changes to white (on a white background, thus making the rectangle "disappear" on the screen) leaving just the text visible.

The whole rollover sequence lasts about 1 second. I understand the up state of the button, but can't figure out how to make 2 things happen in the over state.

For reference please visit www.allmediastudios.com

Click on Launch current site. Then click the Enter "without intro" link.

That will open up a new window, and then you can see exactly what I'm trying to duplicate at the bottom of the screen. You will see three "button" links:

Newsletter-Contact
    Replay Intro
    AMS Message Forum

Thanks in advance for any insight!

[This message was edited by D-Rock on September 19, 2002 at 11:42.]
    IP

How do you get a button rollover sequence in Flash MX where the following occurs:

1. Let's say you have a light blue rectangle with some text on it sitting on a white background.

2. As a mouse scrolls over the button, the rectangle first changes to a darker blue, and THEN changes to white (on a white background, thus making the rectangle "disappear" on the screen) leaving just the text visible.

The whole rollover sequence lasts about 1 second. I understand the up state of the button, but can't figure out how to make 2 things happen in the over state.

For reference please visit www.allmediastudios.com

Click on Launch current site. Then click the Enter "without intro" link.

That will open up a new window, and then you can see exactly what I'm trying to duplicate at the bottom of the screen. You will see three "button" links:

Newsletter-Contact
    Replay Intro
    AMS Message Forum

Thanks in advance for any insight!

[This message was edited by D-Rock on September 19, 2002 at 11:42.]
    IP

Add a layer in the button. In the over state, drop a movie clip of the color change. In the up state, just change its behavior to a single frame graphic in the properties inspector. That should do it.

Dain

DainBramaged
    www.dainbramagedesign.com
    IP