Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I'm going to be 48 this year folks, and I guess age does matter here to appreciate what I'm writing.

I heard today that George Harrison's long bout with lung canger, then a stabbing in his own house, then throat cancer, has now resulted in terminal brain cancer. He publicly says that his days are numbered.

The Beatles have been my favorite group all of my life. I used to live three blocks away from John Lennon in NYC, and I think I saw him once in a deli.

If anyone else has a word to say, this is the thread, and yes, I know it's off topic.

God bless him,

Gary David Bouton
    www.boutons.com
    Gary@GaryWorld.com
    Visit a really large gallery at www.GaryWorld.com!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Paul_George_Help.jpg 
Views:	298 
Size:	20.7 KB 
ID:	17825  
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com
    Free education! The Writings Web site
    and the updated GaryWorld Gallery is pretty okay, too.

I'm going to be 48 this year folks, and I guess age does matter here to appreciate what I'm writing.

I heard today that George Harrison's long bout with lung canger, then a stabbing in his own house, then throat cancer, has now resulted in terminal brain cancer. He publicly says that his days are numbered.

The Beatles have been my favorite group all of my life. I used to live three blocks away from John Lennon in NYC, and I think I saw him once in a deli.

If anyone else has a word to say, this is the thread, and yes, I know it's off topic.

God bless him,

Gary David Bouton
    www.boutons.com
    Gary@GaryWorld.com
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com

Yes I always liked George’s stuff and he was certainly as talented as Lennon and McCartney!!!
    My favourites “Harrisongs” were; my sweet lord, within you without you [played 'til it was worn out! Savoy truffle, I me mine [I think that’s his] something.
    I never knew he was that ill.

God bless him,
    Ironically his death will be an excuse for the Record Indu$try to release a gamut of his music-but at least a newer generation will learn the great music of this unsung hero.
    Scouse Eric

[This message was edited by scouse eric on July 22, 2001 at 16:59.]

Name:	george.harrison.jpg 
Views:	275 
Size:	17.7 KB 
ID:	2671  

Right on, Eric--

I did this in XARA X. Please, no one hold it against me.

BTW, "I Me Mine" was indeed a Harrisong, and my favorite was "If I Needed Someone" where George wails with a 12 string Rickenbacker guitar.

Gary David Bouton
    www.boutons.com
    Gary@GaryWorld.com

[This message was edited by Gary David Bouton on July 22, 2001 at 13:20.]

Name:	Sgt_Pepper.jpg 
Views:	267 
Size:	73.3 KB 
ID:	17163  
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com

the unforgettable Taxman, Think for yourself, Only a Northern Song, It's all too much,...

Harrison's humour was (is?) unforgettable. He helped finance Monty Python's "the Rutles" movie, one of their lesser known perhaps, but incredibly funny.

Hope he still meditates so that he can keep his mind clean as long as possible, and that he won't suffer too much.

I play the Beatles often, mostly from the beginning (best of the first four LP's/CD's and Help completely), the transitory Rubber Soul and then the genial period that begins with Revolver and ends with George's It's all too much, the love that's shining all around me.

Sad news.

The sceptre learning, physic, must
    All follow this and come to dust. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

And I'm certain that he has been blessed all his life, namely with the talent to convey a message of Human Understanding, Love and Light. You receive to give, and he has given us all a lot.

I just heard this on the radio before I signed on. (15 mins ago) He will be missed indeed. It is a sad occasion when we lose such a creative person. But to lose one only 58 years old will indeed be tragic.

--Randy

I too was saddened to hear this news because the Beatles were my all time fav. group as well!

One good thing, I played their music often enough that my kids are fans too!