Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Looks pretty good so far! The color combination is good, but "Universal Pasta" under the logo is so small and dark, it makes it kind of hard to read without putting your head up to the monitor. Just make the blue a little lighter/brighter. you could just make it white, but then the white might over-power the blue and kill the color-scheme.

I like the "noodles" too, clever. I know that it's not finished yet, but I would suggest putting a picture or two of the resteraunt if not on the front page, some other one. The proffessional look could be good or bad. It's ok, but when people see something too proffessional they automatically think money, and that's all the owners want. It's always nice to have a good mix of proffessional and personal look making the customer feel more comfortable and at home.

Was this all done in Xara? Look forward to seeing further improvement, hope this helps!

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

about the blue - it should be brighter. And the noodles - maybe they could be more recognizably noodles.

Steve - you are usually a good speller, but professional is spelled with one "f". Forgive me, that's my mother speaking...

Jon Geiger, I think you should change the font color on the gray tabs to Blue. The white is hard to read.

I would do all that color stuff and change around the logo but hes a franchisee so I can change the blue to a little brighter or make the Text a little bigger. I was planning to put in photos and I iwll change the color of the text on the buttons however I might change it to black because the low contrast would still be kinda hard to read. Yes it was all done in XaraX [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

http://www.fusionwi.com/ad.gif FusionWI.com

Quite alright Deb! I wrote it at like 1 in the morning and wasn't all there if you know what I mean, probably still would have spelled it wrong, just nice to have an excuse once in a while!

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

Jon

(Aren't you the young kid who didn't think my rusty license plate looked like rust? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

When I think of pasta, I think Italian, and when I think Italian, I think red, white, and green. So the black and blue for me is a disconnect. Further, black and blue seems a bit dark and offputting for pasta which I would expect to be light and tasty and flavorful. Black and blue are not colors I associate with these qualities.

The initial design also seems a bit generic [your web site name here]. Is there anything you can do to make it less generic?

For example, instead of all-purpose rollover buttons, what if you used different pasta shells for each button, radiatore, fusilli, and farfalle pasta shells for example.

I don't mean to be hard on you Jon. You have constructed a viable and workable web site, I'm just trying to make you consider the nature of the site and then best communicate it to your visitors.

Your dad must be proud. My kid the web designer [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://home.earthlink.net/~garypriester">
    burl me to beehives</a>