Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

or is it my PC?
    twice now i had probs when posting text, i noticed it went haywire after typing the uk pound symbol...also the top right page looks like this on my screen. ive trashed all my temp internet files and cookies. is it me?
    eric
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image3.jpg 
Views:	369 
Size:	12.9 KB 
ID:	5179  

or is it my PC?
    twice now i had probs when posting text, i noticed it went haywire after typing the uk pound symbol...also the top right page looks like this on my screen. ive trashed all my temp internet files and cookies. is it me?
    eric

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Things are working fine for me Eric. The top right corner of the window looks fine on my computer. I don't have a pound symbol on my keyboard so I can't try that. The buck $ymbol $eem$ to work okay.

Maybe it is just you??

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

Use character map for those pesky symbols that your keyboard doesn't have. £ is alt+0163, © is alt+0169

TANSTAAFL
    "If you can do good, you should."
    W.K. Clark

Have you checked your Control Panel > Regional Settings? Also, if you're using a machine that has been updated from a previous OS, check the c:\Autoexec.bat file. For Win 9x it can be completely empty, so if you find anything in it try renaming it and use an empty version. For reference, what is your system?

Regards - Sean
    Regards - Sean

andalucía · españa and lower saxony · germany

and it's not your machine!

Eric, the infopoop forum software does NOT accept any extended characters. It assumes God is American or British ;-}

I've had this error many times before - all text after an extended character will simply be chopped off.

Try it with an Umlaut if you don't believe me. The German ae, ue, oe or the Scandinavian character for o/e etc - typed correctly, will crash the forum software.

jens

jens g.r. benthien
    designer
    http://jens.highspeedweb.net
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--

That's quite a relief, I was beginning to think it was some virus or something [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]
    Thank you all again

Eric.

I just had to try with my Norwegian OS/keyboard and Scandinavian letters - æøå/ÆØÅ (ae oe aa) and see what would com up.

éèÃ*ùëäêâûµ£$*&

© ú

I run Win 98SE...perhaps childs play is protected by angels? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

If you don't work against time, time often works for you.

My Scandinavian experiment crashed (created some nice graphics!!!!) my system (WIN 98 SE (Norwegian), but the letters in the posting looks OK - to me. The html-source was a bit strange/non standard. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]